Thursday 14 March 2013

Girl Crush 2013

Hello lovely people! How are you enjoying this unrelenting snow? You're not? Me neither. So I thought I'd cheer myself up and write a blog about Girl Crushes. I have hundreds.


Today I was retweeted by Company Magazine!  I know to some people this may not sound like a big deal but I got so many amazing responses from my tweet/re-tweet that I have been buzzing with excitement all day and I couldn't wait to share my girl crushes. So in no particular order...



Emma Stone - she is talented, smart, sassy, absolutely hilarious as the well-meaning Olive in Easy A (the role that first brought her to the world’s attention and the reason for my retweet.) I. LOVE. HER! Not only is she all of the above she is also incredibly beautiful, impeccably dressed and a hair chameleon and she has the most amazing, husky voice. She also seems like she would be an amazing friend. As girl crushes go this one is pretty serious.


 

Jennifer Lawrence - she is the star of the most high grossing action film with a female lead of all time. But that's not why I love her. I love her because her raw talent has led her to be nominated for an Oscar twice before the age of 25. I love her because she has an excellent sense of humour, and she handles everything thrown at her with grace, dignity and good humour (e.g. Meryl Gate) I can't decide if she is the woman I want to grow up to be (despite there only being a 9 month and 4 day age gap between us) or the woman I want as my best friend forever and ever. I think we could be besties. I also think that this girl crush is not just any girl crush, I think she could the one.


Emma Watson - I have wanted to be Emma Watson since I was 9. I have spent over half my life in girl love with Emma Watson and I don't regret a second of it. Not only is she incredibly beautiful and clever to name but a few of her attributes but she has managed to stay well... normal and hasn't lost control - like some other child stars who could be mentioned, but won't be because this blog is about love - she has proven her talent again and again not just in the (glorious) Harry Potter franchise but also in the (equally glorious and thoroughly underrated) Perks of Being a Wallflower. Every little girl should grow up with Emma Watson as a role model. She is absolutely fabulous.


Lea Michele - Anyone who follows Lea Michele on twitter will know this woman's boundless enthusiasm for everything and I love that. Her voice is flawless and she is absolutely stunning. She has an undeserved reputation as a diva but I think she is fabulous.


 J.K. Rowling - The world owes this woman a big hug and thank you and one day I really hope to give her these things on the world's behalf. I grew up with Harry Potter, as did most of the children born in the early 90's, I read the first Harry Potter book when I was 8, 14 years later I still adore those books, they gave me so much when I was growing up. She turned a generation onto reading and those books continue to inspire and delight. J.K. Rowling is one of the many reasons I want to be a writer. Not only is she amazingly smart and imaginative but she is so generous that she was actually removed from the Forbes Rich List because she has donated so much money to charity. Plus the woman is beautiful, she created Hermione Granger - a character we should all be grateful for- and she loves shoes. J.K. Rowling is my kind of lady.


Hermione Granger - Brave, smart, powerful with wild curly hair and the very definition of girl power. I want to BE Hermione Granger, have done for as long as I can remember. I have about a million more things I could say about Hermione but the most important thing is this: Hermione Granger made it okay for me to be me. I love her!



Zooey Deschanel/Jess Day - Now I am well aware that these 2 ladies are different with varying degress of realness BUT I love them both. Both are incredible. Zooey Deschanel is one kick ass lady who I have been crushing on since 500 Days of Summer. Jess is amazingly quirky and made it okay for socially awkward girls like myself to be themselves. They're amazing! 'Nuff said. 

I have so many girl crushes but these fabulous ladies are my top 8. They are all smart, beautiful women who are so much more than just pretty faces. They are so inspiring. I hope your girl crushes inspire you in the same way. My other crushes include: Gwyneth Paltrow, Michelle Williams, Jennifer Aniston, Stevie Nicks, Blake Lively, Mila Kunis, Barbara Streisand, Sarah Jessica Parker & Anne Hathaway and those are only the ladies who spring to mind.

Who are your girl crushes? Why?

Anywho I think that's all I've got in me for tonight but please share the lady love, would love to know who your girlcrushes are. Until next time lovelies check me out on twitter, facebook, BlogLovin, instagram & pinterest


Love love love xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins