Wednesday 4 June 2014

2 Stars & A Wish #1

2 Stars & A Wish is a new weekly feature on rocknroses. Every Wednesday I will be reviewing/raving about two beauty products I love and talking about one that disappointed me.


My First Star this week goes to No 7 Beautiful Skin Blemish Defence Serum for all Skin Types.

No 7 Beautiful Skin Blemish Defence Serum for all Skin Types

My skin has been so awful recently, mostly due to lack of sleep, an abundance of stress and the worst attack of hayfever that I've ever had. The near constant eye watering has left the delicate skin under my eyes puffy, red, swollen and unbelievably sore. It's just been terrible, leaving me desperate to find something that will fix it and make the blackheads and redness go away FOREVER. Sadly no such magical product exists as of yet and if it did it would cost an absolute bomb. Anyway this serum acts as a preventative rather than a cure. Even so I think it's awesome. It's a silky smooth serum that feels absolutely beautiful on the skin. As an oil-free formula it promises to, and I quote, 'unblock pores and clear excess sebum to give smoother, blemish free skin.' and as far as my experience goes it totally does that. I so love it when stuff does what it says it will. You'd think it would be a given but it so rarely is. I picked this up in Boots over the weekend for £11 (usually it costs £16 but I had a voucher) and have been using it every day, applying it before moisturising but after washing my face. Since I've been using it my face is definitely clearer and smoother. I think it's amazing.


My Second Star goes to another skin care product Quick Fix Facials Purifying Charcoal Mask for Congested and Lifeless Skin.


Quick Fix Facials Purifying Charcoal Mask for Congested and Lifeless Skin.

I can't emphasize how awful my skin has been of late, my dissertation really did a number on me (I know, I know I can't keep blaming everything on my dissertation, last time I promise). I picked this up in T.K. Maxx a couple of weeks ago for the ridiculously low price of £2.50, and tried it for the first time last night. Already there is a noticeable difference in my skin, my face is clearer, my pores look smaller and it left my skin feeling smooth and slightly tingly. Containing Charcoal, Dragon Fruit and Cinnamon Extract - ingredients known for their awesome skin clearing properties - this face mask targets spots, blackheads (my main problem) and clogged pores. It has quite a thick consistency and looks a bit like cement which I admit is a little bit off putting, especially when I forgot that I was wearing it. I got one hell of a shock when I looked in the mirror and my face was grey but it kinda smells like Christmas which is amazing. I am so impressed and am sure it will be making a weekly appearance in my skincare routine. I love it.
  
My Wish goes to Maybelline New York's Dream Satin Liquid Foundation in 10 Ivory.

Maybelline New York's Dream Satin Liquid Foundation in 10 Ivory

My first impressions of this foundation were not good, it promises a 100% poreless look and air-brush perfection but it doesn't really deliver. Initially I thought it left me looking really shiny, but then I realised that because my skin is super dry I usually have to moisturise before putting on a base and this was causing the shininess. So I tried it without moisturising and the finish was much more matte but I still found it to be lacking. The formula is really thick and doesn't blend very well and the coverage isn't great either. I was so disappointed because I had heard good things but it just left me feeling a bit...meh. Obviously I will still use it because I cannot stand waste but I need to use a lot of Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Powder in 02 Medium to make it work for me, which is such a faff. 

I think in future I will stick to L'Oreal Paris True Match foundation in Rose Vanilla because it is my absolute favourite foundation. It is just the best and does exactly what it says it will. It is super-blendable and matches my skin tone and texture perfectly and has a built in SPF. I am in love with it. Sadly I have run out, hence the Maybelline.

L'Oreal Paris True Match foundation in Rose Vanilla



I kept the bottle because that's the kind of loser I am but I will be repurchasing the next time I have money.

Anyway that's my 2 Stars & A Wish for this week. What did you think? Anything you agreed with? Disagreed with? Let me know on twitter using the hashtag #2StarsandAWish or by commenting below. If you do comment I always try to reply so do check back. Also I am all over social media so if you feel like checking me out on twitter, facebook, Bloglovin, instagram & pinterest and giving me a cheeky follow/like or whatever feel free :)

Love love love xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins