Wednesday 11 June 2014

2 Stars & A Wish #2

Happy Wednesday! Hope you're all having a lovely week so far. I've been so busy, and a tad emotional, getting ready to move out of my student flat. It's been an amazing 3 years and I can't believe that it's gone so quickly. Hey Ho onto the next chapter. Anyway I'm back with this week's 2 Stars & A Wish. Last time I focused primarily on skin care (read it here.) Sadly my skin is still looking pretty awful, but significantly less so. This time I'm looking at make up. 

My First Star this week belongs to MUA Eyeshadow Pallet in Heaven & Earth.





This is a re-purchase. I first bought this pallet around Christmastime last year and I'm really not exaggerating when I say that I've used it everyday since. It. Is. Awesome. The colours are very neutral and mostly shimmery with a few mattes thrown in but when blended together create the most fabulous smokey eye. The shadows last for ages without creasing and at just £4 it's an absolute steal. I used up my first pallet because it was that good and I can't wait to get started on this one.  I also have the Undressed pallet which I haven't used yet but can't wait to try. Will keep you guys posted.

My Second Star this week goes to Collection's Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Powder in 02 Medium.




I mentioned this in Friday's post but I think it deserves to be a star this week because it  made a mediocre product usable (I am of course talking about last week's wish - Maybelline New York's Dream Satin Liquid, read it here.) Not being a huge powder fan I was surprised by how much this one impressed me. It gives really good coverage without being cakey or chalky in consistency and lasts absolutely ages. It also cost something like £4.20 so it's a total bargain. 

And finally My Wish which this week goes to Rimmel London's Moisture Renew Lipstick in the shade 660 In Love with Ginger. 



  

 I can practically hear the entire beauty blogging world boo and hiss at me because of this somewhat controversial wish (everyone loves it, I know.)I'm a bit gutted that this is a wish because it looks so beautiful in the pictures. I bought this a while back because I was lusting after an orange toned red. Rimmel is one of my favourite high street brands and there is nothing wrong with this lipstick as a product. It's moisturisng, long lasting and smells lovely. So why is it a wish instead of a star? I hear you cry out in horror - well not really :) - The problem is the colour. I was looking for an orange toned red, which this is, although it does err on the orangey side. In theory it's a beautiful colour however it's totally wrong for my complexion. Every time I've used it it's looked like I've smeared marmalade around my mouth. It could be that is has a very shiny finish, maybe if it was matte it would look better on me. It's such a shame because I really do think it's lovely and fingers crossed it'll look better when I have a tan. I do like it it just doesn't work on me. 

So that was my stars and wish for the week. What do you think? Do you agree? Disagree? Let me know using the hashtag #2StarsandAWish. I'll be back on Friday with Friday I'm in Love #3. 
Until then check me out on twitter, facebook, BlogLovin, instagram & pinterest and give me a follow/like - if you want too, no pressure! Otherwise I'll see you on friday :)

Love love love x









No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins