Wednesday 18 June 2014

2 Stars & A Wish #3

Happy Wednesday lovely people! I hope everyone's having a fabulous week so far. I have now been what could be described as a functioning adult with a functioning job for the past three days. I can't say I'm loving it but I've definitely had worse jobs. I quite literally made a tit of myself on Monday when I wore a sheer, see-through top with a (rather ill fitting) black vest top underneath. Halfway through the day I looked down to find that my vest top had slipped down, showcasing my boobs encased in their bright pink leopard print bra to everyone in the office. Mega awkward. But enough about that let's talk about my 2 Stars & A Wish for the week.


My first Star this week goes to Modern Muse by Estée Lauder



This was a welcome home present from my Mumma and it is absolutely beautiful. It smells lovely without being over powering. According to the Estée Lauder website Modern Muse combines woody and floral scents creating a fragrance as 'complex and fascinating as the women who inspire it'. I love that idea. I also love the fact that it smells absolutely bloody gorgeous! And it lasts a really long time. Not only that but the packaging is beautiful too. I think every woman should have a signature scent, my mum's is Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier, and I think this is a serious contender to becoming mine. I love it. 

My Second Star this week goes to Optrek Soothing Eye Drops - For Itchy Eyes.
   


I know this isn't exactly a beauty product but it's been so good that I thought it was definitely worthy of a mention. This summer I've had the worst hayfever ever! Previously hayfever used to be a mild annoyance which gave me a stuffed up nose and watery eyes for like a week at the beginning of every summer before magically disappearing. This year, sadly, that has not been the case. Since the start of the warmer weather my eyes have been watering constantly. Now you wouldn't think this would be anything other than a slight inconvenience, I know I didn't, but honestly it is awful.  My eyes have been swollen and bright red for weeks! The skin beneath has become dry and puffy and so sore from the constant watering  that it hurts to blink. I tried taking anti-histamines but they didn't work. Nothing worked. Until I found this, used in combination with some own brand hayfever tablets from Boots, my hayfever and the constantly watering eyes have stopped. My eyes are looking, and feeling, so much better. It's a life saver. 

My Wish this week is No 7's Extreme Length Extend Mascara. 




I got this as part of a free gift around Christmastime last year and have only used it a couple of times since. The formula is really thin and watery and because of this it takes a good 3 or 4 coats to build up a decent layer of lash coverage. The brush is plastic and not very flexible. Overall it left my lashes looking a bit meh. as mascaras go this one is totally unremarkable. I was so disappointed but can't really complain because it was a free gift.

Sorry tonight's post is a bit short, I'm really tired from work, but I so wanted to make sure that I got it published tonight. So what do you think? Do you agree? Disagree? Let me know using the hashtag #2starsandawish. I'll be back on Friday -hopefully- with Friday I'm in Love #4, monthaversary yo!...Sorry I'm so lame. Until then check me out on twitter, facebook, BlogLovin, instagram & pinterest

Love love love xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins