Monday 23 June 2014

Hopeless Romantic#2: My Favourite Movie & TV Couples

Last Monday I wrote of my love for all things hopeless and romantic being myself the most hopeless of all the hopeless romantics. And so continuing in that vein I thought I would share with you my absolute favourite fictional couples from both the big and small screens. I was going to include my favourite fictional couples from books but that list would go on forever, my book list is a post best saved for another day, perhaps next Monday. So in no particular order...

Mindy & Danny from The Mindy Project.

(Picture from www.hypable.com)

They give me heart tinglys, because I love them so much.  I love that they argue all the time even they are so obviously very much in love. I love that he gets her and accepts her. I adore absolutely everything about her. I just love them so much. The almost kiss at the end of season 1 gives me palpitations... in a good way. 

Pam & Jim from The Office.

(Picture from forgetandnotslowdown.wordpress.com)

This is the relationship that I want. Preferably with John Krasinski but he's with Emily Blunt and I both respect and ship that. I love that even when times are bad -  like in season 8 :( - you always know that, no matter what, Pam and Jim absolutely adore one another. Which brings me onto my next couple. 

Marshall & Lily from How I met your Mother. 


(Picture from www.tvfanatic.com)

AKA the most perfect tv couple to ever be. There has been a lot of controversy surrounding the season 9 finale of How I met your Mother (let's not even go there!) But one thing they did get right, time and again across all 9 seasons, - even in the spectacular f**k up that was the season 9 finale- was Marshall and Lily. They have inside jokes, they're each other's best friends and they are so in love. They're perfect.

Nick & Jess from New Girl.


(Picture from tvandfilmnews.com)

Of course they're on here. Yet another case of best friends falling in love. (I'm waiting for this to happen in my life, it's why I'm trying to become Tom Hiddleston's best gal pal! Although if this ever did happen and I'm fully aware that it most probably won't, I would probably get FriendZoned!) Anyway when they finally, FINALLY, kissed in season 2 the world rejoiced. For 2 reasons 1. It was a super awesome kiss. 2. IT WAS NICK AND JESS! They will end up together, there is no point in anyone denying it. I love them together. I think they're amazing. 

Leslie Knope & Ben Wyatt from Parks & Rec


(Picture from www.usmagazine.com)

First of all how amazing is this picture?! It's so cute. Ben and Leslie are so cute. In fact they are adorable and that is not a word I use lightly. Ever since the beginning I have been rooting for Ben and Leslie. From their first meeting when they hated each other, to their first kiss (which was awesome! Watch it here!)  through their break up, when Ben nobly sacrificed  his love for Leslie for the sake of her career and then finally their beautiful, impromptu wedding -throughout which I cried lots of happysad tears.  'I like you & I love you' Such a simple but beautiful sentiment. I just love them. 

Noah & Allie from The Notebook


(Picture courtesy of prettycleverfilms.com)

I wasn't sure whether or not to include them in this list because it's a movie of a book (just a heads up they will also be appearing on my couples from books list)  but how could I not? I read the book before I saw the movie and the casting of Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams is perfect. I can't understand why they are not together in real life anymore. It is incomprehensible to me!


This is the greatest moment in the history of television, and by television I mean the MTV Movie Awards, same thing really. 


Harry & Sally from When Harry Met Sally.


(How much is Meg Ryan rocking that hat?! Picture courtesy of thecollagecrush.com)

Of all the romantic comedies where the main characters have been besties for years and then, gasp, realise they were in love the whole time (which is pretty much every romcom ever) this one was the first and the very best. I love Harry and Sally.  I love that after Harry tells Sally he loves her this is her response: 'that is just like you Harry, you say things like that and you make it impossible for me to hate you!' This is possibly one of my favourite movie quotes ever. I love that they hate each other, and then they like each and then they're besties before they realise, inevitably, that they love each other and then live happily ever after. It's my favourite romcom for a reason, Harry and Sally are the reason.

So those are some of the couples I have been shipping.I'll be completely honest this is the tiniest tip of the iceberg.  I ship a lot of couples, it's because I love... love. I love it. I have definitely overused the word love in this post. I'm ok with it. I would love (see there I go again) to hear about the couples you have been shipping let me know on twitter and while you're there check me out on facebook, BlogLovin, instagram & pinterest for your daily Lolarocknroses fix, if anyone needs one of those. I will be back on Wednesday with this weeks 2 Stars & A Wish. Until then...

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins