Friday 25 July 2014

Friday I'm in Love #6

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY! Is it just me or has this week really dragged? Anyway it's Friday, and I adore Fridays for 2 reasons. 1. DUH it's Friday and that means it's the weekend! and 2. I get paid weekly so Friday = Payday! Winner!

Due to my absence -I'll stop mentioning it now, I promise!- I have loads of loves this week. So many in fact that I'm not sure I can squeeze it all into just the one post but hey ho I'll give it a try. 

L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation in Vanilla Rose




Rumour has it that the L'Oreal Paris True Match foundation is a dupe for the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation. Now I haven't tried it so I don't know if that's true or not, but I can tell you that this is my absolute favourite foundation, and the reason it's my favourite is because it's amazing. It's really lightweight and blends so easily but gives really good coverage which can be built up. The colour perfectly matches my skin tone and leaves a flawless finish. I love it 

Rimmel Match Perfect Concealer in Soft Beige 




I was in dire need of a new concealer and had heard some good things about Rimmel's Match Perfection so I thought I'd give it a try. It's yellow toned so reduces the appearance of redness making it excellent for spots which is something I suffer with from time to time. The coverage is really good and it comes in a squeezy tube with a brush tip which I kind of love but don't really use, preferring to dot the concealer onto the skin and then blending it out with my Real Techniques setting brush. I like it a lot. 

MAC Creme Amplified Lipstick in Girl About Town 




I bought this 13 days ago and in  the last week alone have mentioned it no fewer than 3 times, because it is that amazing! If you want to know more on my thoughts about this lipstick read about it here and here. But all you really need to know is that I am obsessively in love with it. 


Sleek Face Form Contouring & Blush Palette in Fair





(Sorry the swatch picture is a bit naff)

In the past few weeks I have been taking my first tentative steps into contouring using this pallet and the Real Techniques contouring brush (I'm a bit obsessed!) and have somehow managed, by some miraculous twist of fate, to not go out looking like, well like this...


(How hilarious is this picture?! Picture via funnygirlconfessions.wordpress.com)

The pallet contains a contour powder, a highlighter and a blush. I was a bit wary at first because the actual contour powder is quite orangey in tone but after a lot of practice and blending it actually works quite well. The highlighter is a bit too shimmery for my taste but I really like the blush. It's a really pretty shimmery gold toned pink that looks lovely on the skin and really warms up the complexion. I still find contouring quite scary and am scared that one day I will go massively overboard and will end up looking ridiculous but this pallet makes it a lot easier and I like it a lot.

Real Techniques Brushes 


(From left to right: Contour, Blush, Buffing, Setting, Pointed Foundation & Concealer)

Ahh the Real Techniques Brushes aka my new obsession. I've been building up my collection over the past couple of weeks (I bought the Stippling brush on amazon not two hours ago) and I have to say I am very impressed. My personal favourite is this bad boy (read about it here)

(the Buffing Brush)

But I have been using them all on a daily basis. I've been using the contour brush with the Sleek Face Form pallet to define my (non-existent) cheek bones and it is awesome. The setting brush has been used in conjunction with the concealer brush to buff in my concealer and they both give really good coverage for those pesky blemishes that I just can't rid myself of. Overall they are  really good brushes. They're synthetic so they don't soak up too much product and they are so ridiculously soft it feels like I'm applying my make up with a kitten! Which I admit is an incredibly strange thing to say but I think I've made my point. They're amazing. Before this my make up brush collection consisted of a Bobbi Brown set and a Ted Baker set I got over two Christmases ago. Don't get me wrong I still love them BUT they are a bit on the knackered side so it makes a nice change to be using the Real Techniques brushes. 


Wax Lyrical England Highly Scented Tealights and Candle in the scent Couture.






Firstly Wax Lyrical has to be the best name for a candle company ever! Secondly they smell incredible. I bought the tealights in Tesco a couple of weeks ago and went through them in like a week, so I just had to go back for the candle. Couture is my favourite because it smells amazing. It makes my room smell absolutely gorgeous without being overpowering. I always find it so difficult to describe scent but this kinda smells like vanilla and baby lotion - in a good way, it smells incredible!- mixed with fresh washing. The overall fragrance is divine. Plus the packaging is gorgeous!

And now for my SOTW: 


My First Song of the Week this week is High Hopes by Kodaline.

   


To say I am obsessed with this song is a major understatement. I don't know where I was or what I was doing when Kodaline were becoming a thing last year but I am so glad I have found them now. This song is so moody and sad (which is my favourite kind of song) and I just love it. It's awesome. I have downloaded their album and I have to say I am rather enjoying it. 

My Second Song of the Week is Broken by Jake Bugg. 

                              
Until recently I didn't really get Jake Bugg. I didn't like him, I didn't dislike him just thought he was alright but not someone I would go out of my way to listen too. And then I saw The Fault in Our Stars (read my review here)and heard the song Simple As This  and loved it, then me and my best friend were talking about music, as we so often do, and she played Broken for me. And DAMN that boy can make some beautiful music. His voice is so sultry and smokey and moody. I have listened to this song more times than itunes can count which should tell you everything you need to know. It's so good. 

This was just the tip of the music iceberg, in the past few weeks I have listened to (and loved) loads of music. So much in fact that it's been really difficult to limit myself to just 2 Songs of the Week! So with that in mind I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reading a music post? Let me know below or on twitter using the hashtag #LolaRocks! 

So those were my loves for the week? What do you think? Agree? Disagree? Let me know via twitter, using the hashtags #FIIL or #FridayIminLove. I am also on facebook, BlogLovin, instagram & pinterest if you fancy checking me out and giving me a cheeky like/follow ;)

Right lovely people I will be back on Monday with a new post all about my very mixed feelings about the season finale of How I met your Mother. Until then I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. 

Love love love xxx

2 comments:

Latest pins