Monday 11 August 2014

July Favourites

So I operate at least a week behind the rest of the world which is why it has taken me this long to put together and post my July Favourites. Hey Ho better late than never.

Clarins Thirst Quenching Hydra-Care Serum



I have had this so long that I am not even sure if Clarins sells it anymore (I googled it, they do but it's been reformulated and looks different) I've been using this for the past couple of weeks as my skin has been in need of a bit of extra TLC and man has it delivered. It feels so silky against the skin and it is really hydrating. I'm always a bit wary of serums because my skin is so tricky - super sensitive, combination and blackhead prone - but this is really good. 

The Real Techniques Buffing Brush



I've been going through a bit of a Real Techniques obsession over the last month or so. My absolute favourite of all my make up brushes, both Real Techniques and otherwise, is the Buffing Brush. I have mentioned this brush so many times in the past 5 weeks or so (read about it here, here & here) and that is simply because it is amazing. It's synthetic so it doesn't absorb too much product so stops wastage and buffs it into the skin in seconds. It. Is. Amazing!   

Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer in 002.



This primer promises to Smooth, Resurface, Brighten, Mattify and Protect the skin and it does exactly that. It also gives my make up some serious staying power. Whilst it's not as amazing as Benefits The Porefessional it is good and costs a fraction of the price. Win. 

MAC Creme Amplified Lipstick in Girl About Town 




OH. MY. GOD. This lipstick. This lipstick. OH. MY. GOD. Girl About Town is one of the great beauty loves of my life. I've talked about this so much in the last month or so I won't bore you with the details (you can read about it herehere & here). It's amazing. 

Balance Me Daily Essentials Moisture Rich Face Cream 


I got this a while back and have been using it on and off for the past few weeks and I really like it. It smells gorgeous, like Turkish Delight and summer time. It is really moisturising and has a lovely non-greasy texture. 

Rimmel London's Match Perfection Concealer in Soft Beige




This concealer covers dark circles and blemishes and makes me look and feel all together more human. I've nearly gone through my first tube but I will definitely be repurchasing. 

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Sugar Apple



 The colour is gorgeous and summery and the formula is awesome. I am obsessed. In my vast collection of over 200 nail polishes (I have a problem!) this is my current favourite. In love. 


 Nivea Daily Essentials Refreshing Cleansing Mousse  



I've been using this every night for the past couple of weeks as the first step in my make up routine because it makes taking my make up off so much easier. It's not at all drying on the skin and foams into a mousse which is super fun. 

A non beauty favourite this month is The Lonely Island!






For those who don't know The Lonely Island are a comedy group made up of SNL alums Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone and Andy Samberg (the last of whom I have a massive crush on! What is it about a guy with a sense of humour...)Their songs are both hilarious and really good. My favourite is Yolo feat. Adam Levine because it is so funny but also a really good song, so catchy. The music videos are also worthy of a giggle. Loving them. 

So those were my July Favourites, what did you think? Agree? Disagree? Let me know via twitter @lolarocknroses or comment below. If you do comment I always try to reply so do check back. I'll be back tomorrow with a movie review of Guardians of the Galaxy. Until then if you'd like to read my June Favourites you can do so here and you can check me out on twitter, facebook, BlogLovin, instagram & pinterest

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins