Sunday 10 August 2014

July Beauty & Fashion Haul 2014

Now July was a particularly spendy month for me. And by that I mean the spending was pretty much constant. As a recovering strapped student having money is still something of a novelty to me and I seem to be on a mission to rid myself of it as soon as possible to return to my natural state of broke-ness. So before we get too far into August (although we are now 10 days in… oops) I thought I would share with you all the things I bought in July.

H&M Bowler Hat 


I saw this in H&M and just had to have it. It was a silly purchase but whenever I look at it I smile. I love it.

Topshop Ankle Boots 




I saw these boots in Topshop last October and it was love at first sight. But being a broke student at the time I couldn't afford the £80 it would cost to take them home with me. It just wasn't meant to be. Then a couple of weeks ago I was in Topshop and there they were, the last pair in my size. In the sale. £30 down from £80. It was fate. Well as you can imagine I snapped them up and I love them. They are so beautiful and yet so comfortable. I will be living in these come winter. 

Cream Lace Shoes from New Look




I got these for my Uncle's wedding a couple of weeks back for the ridiculously low price of £11 (they were on sale). I adore them, they are absolutely stunning and the comfiest high heels I have ever had the pleasure of having on my feet. I had these on from 10 o'clock in the morning until 11 o'clock at night and they didn't hurt at all. Sadly there was an unfortunate incident where I got one of the heels stuck in a grate and it snapped off. I was so upset and I just had to go back to New Look the next morning to get a replacement pair. I love them. 

ASOS Navy Pleated Skater Dress with Cream Panels 




I bought this dress for my Uncle's wedding, 3 days before the event I might add. I was looking for an outfit for weeks and weeks and couldn't find anything remotely nice until I saw this little lovely on ASOS. It looked gorgeous on, made me feel fabulous and cost £13 in the sale. Win.  



Real Techniques Brushes 



I don't need to talk more about my recent obsession with Real Techniques (you can read about them here & here). The brushes are amazing and soft and so ridiculously affordable and I love them. 

No 7  Eyeshadow Trios 

Cappuccino

Good Earth

I had some No 7 vouchers floating around and so decided to treat myself to a couple of new eyeshadow trios. The colours are nicely pigmented and have a good texture. They don't last as long as I'd like but even so I like them a lot. 

Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer in 040 Soft Beige




Oh Rimmel you are so awesome! I've used it every day since I bought it and have nearly used up my first tube of this (I will definitely be re-purchasing.) I use it to cover the bags under my eyes and it just makes me look more human. It's more highlighting than it is covering but it's still awesome. 


No 7 Essential Moisture Day Cream




Another purchase made with No 7 vouchers. My skin was going through a really dry phase but this moisturiser has really helped. It has a thick and creamy consistency. I use it in the morning and it makes my skin feel so nourished. Big like for this Day Cream. 

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Girl About Town



Oh this lipstick. I couldn't love it more if I tried. Read more about my love for it here, here and here

The Simpsons Lego Minifigures


I love The Simpsons. I love Lego. And I am a giant child so of course I had to get The Simpsons Lego. I have since added Ralph Wiggum (who is one of my favourite Simpsons' characters ever) and Krusty the Klown to my collection and I will be collecting them all. Because I'm cool that way. 

Sleek Face Form Pallet in Fair




Read about my thoughts on this contouring pallet here

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Sugar Apple, Huckleberry and Almond

Sugar Apple

Huckleberry

Almond


These are my current Barry M faves. They are gorgeous! Particularly Sugar Apple. I love them. 

L'Oreal Paris True Match in Vanilla Rose 



This my favourite drug store foundation ever.'Nuff said.

Maybelline New York's Forever Strong Super Stay 7 Days Gel Nail Color


From left to right: Surreal, Nude Rose, Hot Salsa, Divine Wine & Extreme Blackcurrant. 

The thing I find with Maybelline is that as a brand it can be very hit and miss. Now whilst these don't last the 7 days they promise, they are nice. They're not my favourite nail polishes but the formula is good, the colours are nice (particularly Surreal and Nude Rose) and they do last a good few days before chipping. I like them but like I said not my favourite.

Maybelline New York's Baby Lips in Cherry Me and Pink Punch





As lip balms go these are ok. Not great, not terrible. Cherry Me was a Wish a couple of weeks ago (read about it here) and I really wasn't impressed with the pigmentation. Having said that they are both moisturising and smell nice.

Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in 360 As You Want Victoria



This is a beautiful, glossy pink lipstick, it's so pretty. I love it. 

So that was what I was spending my hard earned pennies on last month. I've actually mentioned a lot of these on here before so I hope you guys don't feel like I'm saying the same thing over and over and beating you around the head with the same products. 

Anyway I will be back tomorrow with my July Favourites where some of these will be making a special guest appearance, apologies in advance. Until then check out my twitter, facebook, BlogLovin, instagram & pinterest or let me know your thoughts by commenting below. If you do comment I always reply so do check back. Happy Sunday! 

Love love love xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins