Monday 22 September 2014

Fabulous Fuschias


This post has been waiting patiently in the wings, dreaming of stardom and longing for it's moment in the spotlight. So I thought that as the last vestiges of summer slip away to be replaced by the cool, crisp air and falling leaves of Autumn - that was quite poetic! - I would give you the low down on the lipsticks I was  rocking throughout the summer months.

Now red is something of a signature colour of mine being both my hair colour and (usual) lipstick colour of choice, however when the sun is beating down there is only one colour I reach for again and again (and again and again!). Fuschia!

Whilst I'm not a real fan of pink in general I love nothing more than a bold fuschia lip in the summertime. So as we come to the end of Summer (and from the weather we've had recently summer is clearly over!) and the start of my favouritest season I thought these fabulous fuschia lippies deserved their moment of glory before they are unceremoniously dumped in favour of berry tones and autumnal shades. 


Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in As You Want Victoria 

Now as far as lipsticks go I am not adverse to a glossy lip but generally I prefer a matte finish to a glossy one. However this lipstick may have converted me, the colour is gorgeous and the formula is really moisturising. I'm a fan.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Olé Flamingo

I love EVERYTHING about this liquid lipstick. The colour is gorgeous, the packaging is adorable and the formula has some serious staying power. I have four of the Rouge Edition Velvets but Olé Flamingo is my favourite, Pink Pong (see below) is a close second.

Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Apocaliptic

The release of the Apocalips Lip Lacquers saw the beginning of my love affair with the shade Apocaliptic. There was a time not so long ago when I didn't leave the house without this slicked on my lips. It is fabulous. The colour is beautiful and the formula whilst not the most long lasting does have a good couple of hours of wear time before needing to reapply. I love it. 

MAC Amplified Crème Lipstick in Girl About Town


The much talked of MAC Amplified Crème Lipstick in Girl About Town could be my absolute favouritest lipstick ever. It is the most gorgeous blue tinted fuchsia with a formula that is as stunning as the colour itself. It is so creamy and moisturising and smells like vanilla, which is amazing. Of  all the lipsticks mentioned in this post MAC's Girl About Town is my favourite.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick Passionee

This has to be my favouritest lip stain ever. Lip stains can be tricky, in my experience they're either really pigmented but have a watery or drying formula OR they are moisturising but have virtually no colour. This is the best of both worlds! It has the texture of a lip balm, so is super nourishing and has the most amazing colour pay off leaving a bright pop of colour on the lips. Gorgeous.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong

This is Olé Flamingo's cooler, funkier younger sister. The formula is good, as I've mentioned and the finish is really matte without being drying and the colour is really sassy. It's like a bad ass barbie pink. 'Nuff said. 



L-R: Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in As You Want Victoria, Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Apocaliptic, Revlon, Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong & Olé Flamingo and MAC Amplified Crème Lipstick in Girl About Town


So have you tried any of these fab fuschias? What did you think? Love them? Hate them? Let me know on twitter or by commenting below or even by dropping me an email lolarocknroses@gmail.com. If you do comment I try to always reply so do check back. Also check out my facebook, Bloglovin, instagram & pinterest

Until next time lovely people

Love love love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins