Thursday 30 October 2014

2 Stars & A Wish #12

In the last couple of weeks I've tried out some really fab new make up and I've had quite the job trying to limit my Stars to just the 2 but somehow I've (almost) managed it.

This week I'm gonna do something a little different and start with my wish first as it informs one of my stars. 

My Wish goes to Liplift Peel by Être Belle 

Liplift Peel by Être Belle 

I got this in a subscription box last month and was genuinely quite excited about it. With winter coming, bringing with it chapped and dry lips, I thought this would be ideal in helping to keep my lips smooth and nourished during the winter months. The Liplift Peel promises to replenish and define the lips by gently exfoliating and removing dead skin for 'perfectly soft lips' sounds good right? Wrong! It absolutely wrecked my lips. It completely dried them out and left me with a very attractive (and crusty!) rash across my top lip. I couldn't wear lipstick for 4 days! It was horrendous. I can honestly say I have never seen my lips in a worse state. Now I don't know if I'm allergic to something in it or if my lips are particularly sensitive but I would definitely not recommend it. So not impressed. But this brings me to my first star.

My First Star this week is actually a tie and it goes to Blistex Daily Lip Conditioner and Blistex Intensive Moisturiser. 

Blistex Daily Lip Conditioner and Blistex Intensive Moisturiser

Because the Liplift Peel utterly destroyed my lips I've been using the Blistex Daily Lip Conditioner and Intensive Moisturiser to return my lips to their (less crusty) natural state and they've been amazing. I've been using the Intensive Mosituriser as a base, letting it sink in before slicking on a layer of the Daily Lip Conditioner to seal in all that nourishing, moisturising goodness and the combination of the two has been a total life saver. My lips are almost completely back to normal and it's all thanks to these two. 

My Second Star goes to Revlon Gel Envy Color Stay Longwear Nail Enamel in Up the Ante


Revlon Gel Envy Color Stay Longwear Nail Enamel in Up the Ante


 I came across this a couple of weeks ago in an Essie Button video and it was love at first sight - the nail enamel, not Estée...although I do love her - and I had to get my hands on it. The colour is a ridiculously pretty pinky-purple that is both gorgeous and super wearable. It's also really versatile, it's light enough to be worn in the summer but warm enough that it can be rocked in the winter months too. I've never tried a Revlon nail polish before, the main reason being I really don't need any more nail polishes, but I was so impressed. The formula is kind of amazing, it acts as a base coat as well as a regular polish and gives a really nice gel finish plus it lasts ages. The longevity is amazing, I've had it on my nails for nearly a week now and whilst there's some minor chipping it's nothing too major. I am in love with it and you'd better believe more will be making there merry way into my now frankly ridiculous collection. 

So those were my Stars and Wish for the week? What did you think? Agree? Disagree? Let me know on twitter using #2StarsandaWish or by commenting below, if you do comment I try to reply so check back :) Also check out my facebook, Bloglovin, instagram & pinterest. You can also drop me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. 

That's me for today but I'll be back on Sunday. Until then...

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins