Wednesday 22 October 2014

Lola Rocks #1



Lola Rocks is something of a new feature round these here parts. Last Thursday when I made my long awaited - for me at least - return to blogging (read it here) I told you that 2 Stars & A Wish was being demoted from a weekly feature to bi-weekly and Lola Rocks is here to take it's place, for one of the weeks at least. 

Now some of you will know that I am a music lover, and by lover I mean obsessive. I am constantly on the hunt for new music to sink my teeth into and I find music everywhere. I love music so much that my music collection is spread across 2 ipods and my phone. This is the level of obsession we're talking about here.

Music is such a major (pun intended!) part of my life BUT other than a Song of the Week on Fridays it's not something I talk about a lot on here. In the past I have published the odd music post but I have decided to shake things up a bit and add a regular musical element. Hope you don't mind. I haven't exactly hammered out the details as of yet so I'm not sure if this will be a monthly or bi-weekly post but I would love to know what you guys think. If this is something you'd like to see more of let me know either by commenting below or on twitter (use #LolaRocks). 



The first song I want to talk about is called To The Top by Twin Shadow. There is something kind of magical about this song... it is so heartbreaking that on more than one occasion it has actually reduced me to tears. Listening to this song breaks my heart a little bit, but it's totally worth it. The lyrics are lovely and the melody is just incredibly... moving. It's a gorgeous, gorgeous song. Have a listen for yourself and let me know what you think. 


I first heard this song in the background of an episode of House - yes I'm STILL watching it! - and I was instantly hooked. After a quick Shazam, aka the best app ever, I found out it was Shark in the Water by V.V. Brown and I have had it on repeat pretty much every since. It is so upbeat and awesome and it literally gets me out of bed in the morning.  



Another weepy song. Ever since I heard INeed My Girl in an episode of The Mindy Project I have been a big fan of The National. Start a War is my favourite kind of song being both beautiful and sad. It's wonderful.



I am actually obsessed with Hello My Old Heart by The Oh Hello's. Again it's a sad song (are you really surprised?) and I just love it. It's  about building a wall around your heart to keep it safe and why that may not be the best thing. I think it's beautiful.


Last up is Blue Moon by Beck. I'm not a massive fan of Beck but this song is kind of amazing. It's both happy and sad and it's kind of spacey. It's hard to describe but I like it a lot. Listen to it and let me know what you think.

So those are the 5 songs I've had on repeat for the last week, what do you think? Love them? Hate them? Let me know on twitter, using #LolaRocks, or by commenting below. If you do comment below I do always reply so check back. Also have a quick look at my facebook, Bloglovin, instagram & pinterest. Anywho I will be back on Thursday with another  new feature. 

Until then ...


Love love love xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins