Tuesday 28 October 2014

Review of Barry M's ShowGirl Extra Lengthening & Extra Volume Mascara

  

Barry M recently released the ShowGirl Extra Length and Extra Volume Mascaras as part of their new Autumn collection and I was literally chomping at the bit to get my hands on them. 

Now when it comes to mascara I can be a tad fickle. I tend to jump from one to another without batting an eye (if that's a pun it was definitely intended). I don't really have a favourite either, as long as they do what I want them to then they're good with me. Having said that a lot of mascaras don't do what they say they will (I'm looking at you Collection's Big Fat Lashes!) but that's another issue. Anyway my point was that at the moment I don't have an actual favourite mascara but these two are definitely contenders for that illustrious title.


I’ve been using the Extra Length mascara a lot recently and after giving it a thorough testing I have to say I really like it. The brush separates and defines whilst adding some serious length to the lashes. Because the brush is plastic it really grips the lashes and leaves even the tiniest of lashes with an even coating. Winner.



The Extra Volume mascara has a large, natural fibre brush that curls the lashes and enhances the natural shape . It also adds volume and gives the lashes some serious popping power, leaving thicker looking lashes.This mascara promises BIG impact lashes and it more than delivers.
 

I have found it really difficult to decide which is my favourite out of the two and I just...can't. I honestly think a coat of each = perfect lashes. A bold statement yes but they are that good. Individually they're great, together they're incredible.

Whilst Barry M is one of my favourite drugstore brands for nail polish and lipsticks, it's not one I would usually go to for make up staples like foundation or mascara. But I saw these and I couldn't resist. The packaging is very chic and looks/feels like a high end product. They're weighted which feels quite strange but in a good way. Weighted packaging is something you get a lot in high end make up, I know YSL and Tom Ford products are weighted, and it makes the mascaras feel really luxe when you use them. Overall they feel and look super fancy with the added bonus of costing only £4.99. Yep, you did read that right these amazing mascaras cost under £5. I can't fault them. 
  
Have you used either/both of the Showgirl mascaras? What did you think? Love them? Hate them? Let me know on twitter and while you're there check me out on facebook, Bloglovin, instagram & pinterest 😁

I'll be back in Tuesdays with 2 Stars & A Wish #12 (eeeep) until then...

Love love love xxx


2 comments:

  1. Nice Blog , This is what I exactly Looking for , Keep sharing more blog .


    Best Mascaras

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins