Thursday 16 October 2014

Where have I been?

Picture via novapopp.com

Well hello there! So it’s been a while since I've shown my face round these here parts. How are we all? Now there is a reason for my absence I haven’t just abandoned my blog. Unfortunately life has gotten in the way of my blogging time. 

So I think I owe you guys an explanation as to my whereabouts for the past three weeks. Well fear not my online friends because here it is. 

Three weeks ago I packed up my laptop, make up, books and the rest of my stuff and moved back to uni where I'm starting a Masters Degree in English Literature. The last three weeks have been crazy busy so I thought I would give you a quick run down of all the things I've been up to in my absence. Be warned it's not THAT interesting, it's just been really busy.

Packing/Unpacking. 

Bonding with my new housemates, they're really lovely.

Navigating the choppy waters of Freshers Week without my friends, drinking way more than advisable and getting no sleep as a result. It's been fun but super weird. 

Reading more than I thought humanly possible. 

Spending way too much time in the library.

Drinking Green Tea like it's going out of fashion.

Watching The Great British Bake Off, and mourning it's ending, and then watching the Masterclasses because I need Paul & Mary in my life. 

Dressing up - so far I've been a lifeguard and a geek, looking forward to Where's Wally!

Travelling between uni and home to go to work - it's a 4 hour round trip, not fun! 

Working (literally nothing interesting in that.) 

Trying to catch up on sleep. 

Spending way more money then I should on make up (nothing new there!) 

Watching Made In Chelsea.

Watching films featuring the talents of the delectable Robert Downey Jr. and Keanu Reeves (hubba hubba) 

Going to lectures. 

So that's where I've been and what I've been doing. It doesn't look like much but I feel like I haven't had a second to breathe let alone anything else, seriously you should see the state of my roots.

It is so strange for me to be back at uni, even though I'm doing my MA at the same uni that I did my undergraduate degree it feels like I've started at a new place. None of my friends are here and it just feels really... weird. It's been an adjustment but I'm getting there. 

I have to say it has been really difficult, trying to balance the massive work load of an MA against a job and a blog. And even though blogging is one of my favourite things it's been placed on the back burner for a bit while I've been trying to adjust to my crazy busy schedule. 

On that note there is gonna be a bit of a shake up over here at Lolarocknroses. Instead of posting on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I'll now be posting Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, with the occasional post on Wednesdays or Saturdays. I'm also demoting 2 Stars & A Wish and Friday I'm in Love (which will be renamed Thursday I'm in Love) from weekly features to every other week. There's a reason for this but you'll find out why soon enough. 

Anyway I'm so sorry I've abandoned you for the past 3 weeks, sometimes it's unavoidable you know, but I'm back now ready and raring to go. So I'll be back on Sunday. Until then check me out on twitter, facebook, Bloglovin, instagram & pinterest and I'll see you soon. 

Love love love xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins