Sunday 9 November 2014

Belated Super August September Favourites


So I thought August and September were hectic months, I have since learnt how very wrong I was, but I was busy. So busy in fact that I never got round to posting either of my favourites for those months. Well all that’s about to change with my Belated Super August September Favourites. Just in time for me to be late with my October Favourites (Sorry :S I can’t stress how manic life has been of late.) So grab yourselves a cup of tea, maybe some cake, cake is always highly recommended, and let's DO this!
First things first August...

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation in Light Beige

Real Techniques Complexion Sponge

For the first couple of weeks in August my skin was really behaving itself so I was all about the light coverage and the Bourjois Healthy Mix is amazing for that. It felt so nice and light on the skin, like I wasn’t wearing any make up at all, and gave me dewy, barely there coverage whilst evening out my skin tone and covering any redness. The consistency is quite watery so I found that the best way to apply this was with a damp Real Techniques Complexion Sponge (which I also love)because it gave a really natural, even finish. A winning combination. 


The Body Shop Deep Sleep Dreamy Pillow and Body Mist 

I have a lot of trouble sleeping, particularly in the summer time when it’s too hot and humid to get comfortable but this is an absolute God send. Containing ingredients known for their powers in aiding deep and restful sleep. The spray is so soothing and relaxing that I can’t help but fall into an easy sleep, plus it smells incredible. For me it's a bedtime staple.


Travel Candle in Primrose & Peony by Sainsburys. 

I always find it really hard to describe how something smells other than good or bad, to my mind it's impossible but I'll have a whack at it. This candle has a really light, floral scent that smells gorgeous. It really fills a room, quite surprising for such a tiny candle, without being at all overpowering and the tin it comes in is ridiculously cute.  It's my new favourite.


 Scandal Eyes Eyeshadow Stick in 011 Bluffing

Swatch of Scandal Eyes Eyeshadow Stick in 011 Bluffing (that's Barry M's Chai on my nails just fyi)

I was absolutely obsessed with this throughout August as it literally halved my make up time in the mornings. The formula is really long lasting, easily blendable and gives the simplest smokey eye effect in the biz. (sorry I’m not sure what happened there). I just swipe it on, blend it out with either my finger or the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush then finish the look with lashings of mascara and I’m done. It’s so simple but so effective and takes seconds. 


No 7 Pop & Glow Cream Stick Blush in Watermelon and the Real Techniques Stippling Brush.

No 7 Pop & Glow Cream Stick Blush  & the Real Techniques Stippling Brush

Real Techniques Stippling Brush.

Swatches of No 7 Pop & Glow Cream Stick Blush in Watermelon blended out and straight from the stick.

Whilst this blush looks almost violently red in the stick it blends out to be the prettiest rosy pink. Normally I'm so wary of cream blushes thinking that they don't really last but this has some serious staying power and it's so effortless to apply. I just dot it on to my cheeks, press it into the skin using the Real Techniques Stippling Brush and then finish off by blending it out with my fingers and voila glowy, rosy cheeks in seconds. Amazing.


Soap & Glory Blush Brick in Love At First Glow 

Another blush, I love me a good blusher, I was so worried about using this because I didn’t want to ruin something so beautiful BUT my fears have since been assuaged.  Now when it comes to blushes I’m not really a fan of a shimmery finish,  I like dewy, rosy cheeks but too much shimmer and I look like an unsuccessful drag queen. HOWEVER this blush is shimmery in all the right ways. The colour is lovely, the packaging is nice and the blush itself is stunning. It makes me look and feel all freshfaced and glowy, it's become a firm favourite.


Nude Progenius Omega Treatment Oil 

I got this in August’s Birchbox and have been using it religiously ever since, whilst I find serums kind of scary this one is so hydrating and feels glorious on the skin. I like it a lot. 



MAC Maleficent Eyeshadow Quad: clockwise from top left Goldmine, Ground Brown, Carbon and Concrete. 


Oh this eyeshadow quad filled with it's lovely, lovely eyeshadows. I got this back in August after seeing Maleficent and despite my rather mixed feelings towards the movie (read more about that here) my feelings for this quad are clear. I love it. Whilst the colours are more on the neutral side and not particularly Maleficent-y (I was expecting some dramatic purples, maybe a turquoise) they are really wearable, have a beautiful, buttery soft texture and last ages without creasing. Amazing. 

That brings me to September...

L-R: P.S Love Your Nails Nail Polish Twist Pot, MUA Eyeshadow Pallet in Heaven & Earth, Collection Gothic Glam Lipstick in 1 Seduction, Rimmel Match Perfection in 200 Soft Beige, Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub and Japonesque Salon Collection Precision Tweezers. 


Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub 


About halfway through August my skin went crazy and by crazy I mean horrible. It was congested and gross and there were blackheads galore. BUT since adding this scrub to my morning skin routine there has been a noticeable improvement in my skin. Whilst it doesn’t make blackheads magically disappear overnight (I wish it did) it reduces the appearance of them and clears clogged pores to stop new ones from forming. 

MUA Heaven & Earth Eyeshadow Pallette


I had this pallet for a long old time and when I finally hit pan I rushed out to Superdrug in a mad panic to get a new one. Why was I in such a panic? Because it's fantastic that's why! The pallette is made up of 12 shadows, mostly shimmers but with a few mattes thrown in for luck. The colours are lovely and the pay off is good, they also last really well which is awesome. The texture isn't the best, being slightly on the chalky side, but what can be expected for £4.00. I particularly love the middle three shades on the bottom row and have been using them on an almost daily basis. I love it. 

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 200 Soft Beige


Throughout September when my skin was at it's absolute worst I was reaching for this on a daily basis. When I first got it I was a bit unsure about it (read more about it here), I liked it but I had others that were better. But the more I used it the more I loved it. It gives good coverage without being cakey in anyway and feels so lovely against the skin. It also lasts ages and is so nice to apply, it just blends into the skin so easily. 

 P.S. Love Your Nails Nail Polish Twist Pot (Primark)

This is a clearly a dupe of Bourjois' Magic Nail Polish Remover and at £1 is literally a fraction of the cost. When I first got the twist pot I didn't like it at all, it felt so weird on my fingers and it just made me feel a bit squeamish. But since then I've come round to it, because it is so convenient. I have three of these on the go at the moment, one on my desk at home, one at my mum's and one on my desk at work. For someone like me who's constantly switching up my nail colour the twist pot is an absolute God send, it makes taking nail polish off so quick and easy. You just pop your nails in and twist. Done. 


 Collection Gothic Glam Lipstick in the shade 1 Seduction 

This is definitely a contender for the title of my favouritest lipstick ever, quite the statement I know, especially coming from a lipstick fanatic such as myself.  But it's beautiful and at £2.99 it's a fricking steal. Seduction was released last year as part of Collection's Gothic Glam (for lack of a better word) collection The colour is beautiful, the perfect autumnal berry shade, the formula is nice enough, not particularly moisturising or long lasting but what can one expect for £2.99. It's the colour that wins it for me. I love it. 


 Japonesque Salon Collection Precision Tweezers

I picked these up in T.K. Maxx ages ago for something ridiculous like £4.99 and have been using them religiously ever since. I try not to pluck my eyebrows too much, after years of overplucking in my misspent youth but the less said about that the better. Hands down they are the best tweezers I've ever used. They're sharp which means I can get even the tiniest of hairs, it also means they have great precision so I don't end up plucking hairs I shouldn't. They're also turquoise and glittery which I think is amazing. Winner. 

So those were my favourites for the months of August and September. It feels like a million years ago now, well not quite.... Anyway I promise my October Favourites will be up before the end of the year ;) 

Have you tried any of these amaze products? What did you think? Love them? Hate them? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below (I always try to reply so check back) or by dropping me an email lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, Bloglovin & pinterest. You know if you want to :). 

Well that was incredibly long and rambly, so if you stuck with it to the end then thank you and be sure to check back on Tuesday for my next post.

Until then...

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins