Sunday 30 November 2014

Lola Loves... Christmas Movies Part 2

Much like the movies of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay or Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Lola Loves...Christmas Movies has 2 parts! Tehe! 

There's nothing I like doing more at Christmas time then snuggling up on the sofa with a blanket, a hot chocolate and maybe a snack or two and losing myself in a really good film. To me it's all part of the fun of Christmas. Here's Part 2 of Lola Loves... Christmas Movies. Enjoy! 

Rise of the Guardians

onlinemovies.pro 

Not to be confused with Guardians of the Galaxy, which I also love (read more about that here). I first watched Rise of the Guardians a couple of years ago with my nephew and it's been part of my Christmas viewing ever since. This is CGI animated goodness at it's finest. Featuring an all star cast that includes the wonder that is Hugh Jackman as the Easter bunny. Rise of the Guardians tells the story of the Guardians: Father Christmas, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, the Sand Man and Jack Frost as they fight to save the world from the evil Pitch Black. I haven't watched it yet this year but I'm really looking forward to it. 


Elf

Picture via: sleafordcinema.co.uk


10 Christmases have past since Elf first hit our screens (where has the time gone?!) and I have watched it every year since. It's an absolute classic. My favourite bit is when Buddy is trapped in Gimbels and decorates it for Christmas. The Grinch may be my absolute favourite Christmas film of all time but Elf is a close second. Will Ferrell is hilarious as the sweetly naive Buddy, it's set in my favourite place in the world (NYC) and is super quotable. I love it. 'The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear.' Now speaking from experience this doesn't work but I do it anyway. 


The Santa Clause

Picture via stuffpoint.com

I watched all of these films when I was a tiny little thing and then forgot all about them, until a couple of years ago when a friend at uni made us watch all three of them in a single sitting. We had a fantastic day but it reintroduced me to these films and I love them. Being a child of the 90s I grew up watching Tim Allen in Home Improvement om the Disney Channel and I think he's hilarious. 


Jack Frost

Picture via www.hollywood.com

Jack Frost just gives me all the feels, it's so sad but so good. For those of you who haven't seen it (you need to change that now!) Jack Frost tells the story of musician and father Jack Frost who tragically dies in a car accident on Christmas Day when driving home to his family. Before his untimely death Jack gave his son Charlie his harmonica telling him it's magical and whenever it's played no matter where Jack is he can hear it.  A year later Charlie plays the harmonica and magically the snowman he built earlier comes to life as none other than Jack Frost. It's a lovely family film that makes you feel all warm inside and makes you shed a tear or two. I love it.

Little Women 


Picture via www.abbyrosebrock.com

Little Women is a Christmas classic and one I've loved for a really long time. As long as I can remember actually. It's just so lovely although it does take a sizeable chunk out of your day so I recommend setting aside an afternoon just to watch it. I also recommend tissues. It's one of my all time favourites and if that hasn't sold you then the fact that it stars a young and incredibly handsome Christian Bale just might ;)  

Edward Scissorhands 


Picture via www.lifetimetv.co.uk 

Another creepy yet amazing offering from the frankly incomparable Tim Burton. Edward Scissorhands is another festive staple for me. I love everything about this film, especially Johnny Depp's performance as Edward. How can someone who barely says anything convey such raw emotion? He is incredible. 

So those are my favourite Christmas films! I love Christmas and I'm so gutted that I only get to watch Christmas films once a year. What are your festive faves? Let me know on twitter #LolaLoves or by commenting below (I always try to reply so check back.) or by dropping me an email lolarocknroses@gmail.com. If you haven't yet you can read Part 1 of Lola Loves...Christmas Movies here. Also check out my instagram, facebook, BlogLovin & pinterest

I'll be back on Tuesday with my November Favourites if things go according to plan. 

Until then...

Love love love xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins