Tuesday 9 December 2014

Lola Rocks #2...The Christmas Edition

WARNING: This post contains some seriously cheesy Christmas Music!

Christmas Time is upon us once more, which means that, among other things, tinny Christmas Music has been piped into shops and on TV for a good 3 -4 months now… I’m kidding, well sort of.

Anyway I thought I would continue with the festivities by giving you a rundown of my top 5 festive favourites (music wise) to get you all in the Christmas Spirit. 

Fairytale of New York by The Pogues feat. Kirsty McColl 



AKA the best Christmas song ever and my absolute favourite. I defy anyone not to love this song. It's not Christmas without Fairytale of New York. It just isn't.

Where are you Christmas? by Faith Hill

 


This is easily the cheesiest Christmas song in all the Christmas celebrating lands but as it is from my all time favourite Christmas film, The Grinch (read more about that here), it had to be included. Once 1st December rolls around I have The Grinch on pretty much non-stop and I just love this song.  Cheesy? Definitely! But who doesn't love cheese? 

All Alone on Christmas by Darlene Love & the E Street Band 



Another song from another one of my favourite Christmas films, Home Alone 2! It's also in Love Actually (another fave) so obviously it's an amazing song. Why is it so amazing? Well it just sounds like Christmas and Joy. Not only that but it features the incredible E Street Band, who I love (insert heart eyed emoji) and Darlene Love has some serious pipes on her. I spent ages scouring youtube for the original music video featuring Macaulay Culkin - because it is epic AND the ninetiest thing to ever nineties - but alas! I couldn't find it. If you get the chance to watch it, and it will definitely be making the rounds on music channels, you need to because it's brilliant.  

Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Joey Ramone




Okay so this is where I start to get some of my street cred back (Street cred? Do people still say that? Do I even have any? Did I ever have any?) Anyway this song is amazing.  Originally recorded by Darlene Love in the 60's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) has been covered by everyone from Mariah Carey to U2. But in my humble opinion Joey Ramone's cover is the absolute best! I just love it. It's Christmassy but it's also rocky and I love that. You know I love good old Rock music. 

Santa Claus is coming to Town by Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band  


Regular readers will know that Bruce Springsteen is my favourite everything! So of course I love his cover of Santa Clause is Comin' To Town. It's just... epic! 


River by Robert Downey Jr 



All dem feels though! I added this in as a cheeky bonus but also because it is unbelievable. River, originally by the great Joni Mitchell, is such a beautiful song, mix that with Robert Downey Jr's incredible voice and I tear up everytime I hear it. Just beautiful.

Those are my favourite Christmas songs, but I wanna know what are yours? Let me know on twitter using #LolaRocks,  by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, pinterest if you like pictures of dogs - who doesn't?!- and my Bloglovin. That's me for today but I'll be back on Thursday. 

Until then...

Love love love xxx

*Disclaimer* I own nothing, images/videos used purely for entertainment purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins