Thursday 18 December 2014

Review of This Works Beauty Ball






I'm a really terrible sleeper. Nights where I sleep for longer than 3 or 4 hours are few and far between. For me a good night's sleep is one where I'm in bed and asleep before 3 in the morning.  I love sleep but it doesn't love me in the same way, which makes it so much worse. It's particularly bad when I have an early morning ahead of me.  More often than not I'll be awake until the early hours and it's exhausting. But what I've come to realise in my years of insomnia is it's mostly anxiety related. Enter This Works Sleep Balm. 

During one particularly nasty bout of sleep deprivation I decided to take the plunge and try out This Works Sleep Balm. I'd heard about the Sleep Balm on other blogs and the general consensus was that it worked,  so after spotting the Beauty Ball, containing the Sleep Balm, in T.K. Maxx, for the ridiculously low price of £6.99 (it retails at £12.99), I snapped it up. 

I found the scent itself lovely and really soothing. The Sleep Balm promises a good night's sleep whilst simultaneously nourishing dry skin. You just apply the balm  to the pulse points and any particularly dry patches (particularly elbows and cuticles) and let it work it's magic. 

So what were my thoughts on this teeny tub that seemed to be the answer to all my sleep deprived prayers. Well I'll tell you.

The pot is tiny, like really small,  about the same size as the average lip balm, but a little really does go a long way. The balm itself is nice, it has the texture of vaseline, which admittedly I'm not overly keen on, but it smells lovely. Made with soothing lavender oil, purifying rose oil and  hydrating monoi oil to both calm the mind and nourish the skin. Now that's all well and good but does it actually work? 

I'll be honest because I am such a bad sleeper this didn't work as well as I thought it would, but I think that's more to do with me and the fact I need a mallet to quiet my frantic mind rather than anything else. I've taken prescribed sleeping pills before and they did nothing. So like I said I think I'm the problem rather than the balm itself. I was also fairly skeptical about the whole thing, which didn't help, as there is definitely an element of placebo about it. 

Having said that this would be a great Christmas present for anyone who has occasional bouts of insomnia. The bauble is so cute, and the sleep balm is good and may actually stand a chance of working on a normal person. 

Have you tried This Works' Sleep Balm? What did you think? Did it work better for you? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below, or even dropping me an email to lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, Bloglovin & pinterest

Well that's me for today, I hope everyone has an amazing weekend and everyone's getting super excited for Christmas, I know I am! One week left! EEEEEEEP! I'll be back on Sunday with a rundown of my favourite Winter Lipsticks. 

Until then... 

Love love love xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins