Sunday 4 January 2015

My Top 5 (ish) Drug Store Beauty Finds of 2014


Top L - R: Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets in Hot Pepper &  Olé Flamingo,  Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner.
Bottom L-R: L'Oreal Paris Miss Manga Mega Volume Mascara, Revlon Color Stay Gel Envy Nail Lacquer in Up the Ante & Rimmel Glam Eyes HD eyeshadow palette in Brixton Brown.

Before we get settled into 2015 I have some loose ends from 2014 to tie up. One of which being my Favourites but before they go up - later in the week - I thought I would give you a round up of  my Top 5 (ish) Drug Store Beauty Finds of 2014. I have to say it's been a fantastic year :)

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets in Hot Pepper &  Olé Flamingo 






In my humble opinion Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet is the best liquid lipstick on the high street. It's wonderful, with a rather lovely matte finish and a formula that is both longlasting and only slightly drying - nothing a quick slick of lipbalm before application can't fix. It has an almost bouncy, gel like consistency that feels reasonably comfortable on the lips and stays in place for hours and the colours are beautiful. They're just all kinds of heart eyed emoji. 



Revlon Color Stay Gel Envy Nail Lacquer in Up the Ante & Dealer's Choice


Dealer's Choice

If you're a regular reader you know my thoughts on this practically perfect nail lacquer. The formula is so good that I kinda want to eat it... I won't though because that's weird and almost certainly dangerous. The formula is long lasting, with a shiny, gel like finish and applies like an absolute dream. Add to that a beautiful colour range, particularly those two stunners pictured, and I am one happy camper... except I don't like camping. 





I fell hard and fast for this eyeliner when it was first released this summer before promptly forgetting all about it and then I rediscovered it and loved it all over again. It's amazing. The rubber nib is a stroke (if that's a pun it was definitely unintentional) of genius, admittedly it does take some getting used to but once you're used to it application becomes redonkulously easy and it's the easiest cat eye flick ever. Just stamp and glide people, stamp and glide. Love it. 




2014 for me has been all about mascara... and eyeshadow palettes, nail polish, foundation, eyeliner... just make up in general really. Anyway I tried loads of new mascaras in 2014 andL'Oreal Paris Miss Manga Mega Volume Mascara was  my favourite! It's magical, and I do not say that lightly. It does everything you could want from a mascara and more. With a long lasting blacker than black formula that doesn't smudge nor flake and a brush that lengthens, curls, volumises and separates whilst coating even the hard to reach lashes in the corner of the eye. It's amazing. Seriously amazing. 



Rumour has it that Brixton Brown is an excellent and far more affordable dupe of Charlotte Tilbury's Dolce Vita quad, and as far as I can tell, not actually owning it...yet, the only real difference is the extra purpley shade and the absence of the copper glitter. The shadows themselves are buttery soft, long lasting and don't crease. Winner.

Bonus favourite:




I'm not gonna lie I'm not a massive fan of Maybelline in general, I just find them to be a bit hit and miss and a bit more miss than hit BUT this little gem of a lip pencil may have turned it all around for me. It is beautiful! The formula is super pigmented and really creamy but so long lasting and oh so comfortable on the lips that 9 times out of 10 I forget it's there. It's gorgeous. 

Have you tried any my top finds? What do you think? Love them? Hate them? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also head over to my instagram, facebook, Bloglovin & pinterest if you like pictures of cake or dogs :)

Love love love xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins