Monday 9 February 2015

January Favourites 2015



Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer in 2 Cool Medium



This is a new addition to my make up collection and I honestly don't know why it took me so long to buy it because it's amazing! I was a bit wary at first because I thought there was no way it could possibly live up to the all hype that surrounds it. But it totally does. And even if it didn't (but it does!), at £4.19 it was more than worth the investment.  I got the shade Cool Medium which I think might be the slightest bit too dark for me, I think I'm somewhere in between Fair and Cool Medium, but even so it's awesome. The formula is the real star, it is so covering, really long lasting, easily blendable and just wonderful, concealing goodness in a tube. I've been using it constantly and I love it so very, very much. 

Seventeen Phwoarr Paint in Fair


I have waxed lyrical about this super concealer on many occasions, so I'm not going to bang on about it too much. This concealer is a lifesaver, it covers blemishes and under eye circles like nothing else.  It's really creamy but so long lasting  and the coverage is excellent. I warm it up between my fingertips and dab it on the offending blemish  or my severe under eye baggage and it's like it was never there.

Ilcsi Grape Stem Cell Gel Mask


So my skin is still crap, I don't know why, because I take good care of it and drink plenty of water but it's still bad... but it's being particularly bad at the moment. I've been waking up to a new breakout every couple of days and it is NOT fun! Then I tried this Ilcsi mask, and whilst the breakouts are still happening, the rest of my skin is looking great. The mask itself feels quite strange against the skin but not unpleasant. It's a really thick, orange gel that has the consistency of marmalade but smells like marzipan.  The mask promises to regenerate and rejuvenate the skin through the highly concentrated power of grape stem cells which stimulates cell renewal and increases cell longevity leaving you with clearer, younger looking skin. I've been using it twice a week throughout January but could notice a difference from the first use. My pores look smaller, my skin is firmer and more radiant, it's just a shame that it's also covered in spots.  

Barry M Hi Shine Gelly Nail Paint

L-R: Sugar Apple, Elderberry, Almond & Rosehip

Top to Bottom: Rosehip, Almond, Elderberry & Sugar Apple


I wasn't loving a particular shade this month, although I did use all of these in January, the formula itself was my favourite. It's thick but easily workable, is opaque within two coats and the finish is gel-like (hence the name), super shiny and longer lasting than the average Barry M nail paint - which is pretty decent anyway - overall I was seriously loving the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints last month. 




If it's possible to have a Youtube problem then I definitely have one, and Rhett and Link are my latest habit. Once again I am so far behind the rest of the world because they've been around for years but they're a recent discovery of mine and I am legitimately obsessed and also a little bit in love with both of them, God save me I love a guy with a sense of humour!  I could watch their videos for days! (and have definitely done that)  because they're ridiculously funny. I've been listening to their podcast Ear Biscuits a lot too and have had to stop myself from LOLing in public.  I love them. 

Vlogbrothers

Image via

Another new Youtube revealation that is new only to me because the world  cottoned on to their awesome years ago.  I am a huge John Green fan so when I found out about the youtube channel he has with his brother Hank I was all over that business.  Their videos are seriously great. I can't find the words to tell you how amazing their videos are because the advent of the heart eyed emoji has robbed me of the ability to express enthusiasm but trust me they are seriously awesome!


Honest by Kodaline



Okay, I know I've mentioned Kodaline loads in the last month but me and Kodaline are having a bit of a moment -well I am, Kodaline aren't aware of it-  This song is from their new album (which I can't wait for!) and is all kinds of amazing. I've had it stuck in my head for the past 2 weeks and I love it. Have a listen and tell me what you think. 

Blank Space by Taylor Swift



Confession time I am not a huge Taylor Swift fan. There were a couple of her songs that I liked but other than that she wasn't my cup of Green Tea but I must admit her new album is making me think twice.  Tay Tay has upped her game and I love it. Now I haven't heard the whole album but I've heard a few songs and Blank Space (and Welcome to New York obvs!) is my favourite. It's amazing. 'Nuff said!

Those were my January Favourites, what were yours? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter or by dropping me an email lolarocknroses@gmail.com. While you're at it  check out my instagram, Bloglovin, facebook & pinterest

I'll be back on Tuesday with a new Lola Rocks. 

Until then... 

Love love love xxx 



*Disclaimer* I do not own the images of Rhett & Link/the Vlogbrothers  and the videos, they were used for entertainment purposes only. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins