Thursday 26 March 2015

First Impressions: Rimmel's Lasting Finish 25 Hr Skin Perfecting Full Coverage Foundation


Sorry for the two week absence folks, uni work has once again reared it's ugly head and I have had no choice but to spend my days in the library, slaving over a keyboard and trying to figure out why postmodernism matters (Hint: It doesn't!). Luckily that's all done and dusted for the moment and it's business as usual. 

Now that's out of the way let's talk about Rimmel's Lasting Finish 25 Hr Skin Perfecting Full Coverage Foundation in 100 Ivory shall we? 

Let's start with the positives, leave the Negative Norah bit for later. It  gives great coverage, I mean seriously good coverage. It also has great wear time, I'm not sure if it lives up to it's 25 hour promise (because seriously who needs to wear foundation for 25 hours?!) but it lasts really well, all day in fact  and (bizarrely) looks better the longer you have it on.   

Now onto the negative. The formula has a thick, almost gloopy consistency that is quite patchy when you first apply it, it takes a lot of working into the skin to get an even base, and even then it does tends towards the cakier side of things. It's really mattifying - as a rule I prefer a dewy or satin finish - and quite drying, because of this it doesn't feel very nice on the skin. It takes a really long time to absorb, it just sits on the skin and feels kinda tacky for up to an hour after application, which is really weird considering how drying it is. 

Now by the looks of things this foundation has recently been reformulated, so I'm not sure if mine is from an older batch with a different formula. Either way I found this particular bottle to be lacking. I expect a lot from my foundation and this just didn't cut it. It's disappointing because I think Rimmel's foundations are some of the best on the high street, particularly the Match Perfection and the Nude Lasting Perfection foundation but this one just doesn't live up to it.  

Have you tried Rimmel's Lasting Finish 25 Hr Skin Perfecting Full Coverage Foundation? Love it? Hate it? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check me out on instagram, bloglovin, facebook & pinterest

I'll be back on Sunday with my March Beauty Favourites. 

Until then...

Love love love xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins