Tuesday 21 April 2015

The Blues

L-R: Soigné in Vodka Bleu, Maybelline Forever Strong Super Stay Seven Day in Uptown Blue, Essie in Avenue Maintain, Nails Inc in  Kensington Park Road  & Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Blueberry.

If you were to rifle through my, quite frankly ridiculous, nail polish collection (300 and counting) you would probably notice that the majority of shades are blue. There's just something about a blue polish that I just can't resist. So I thought I'd share my faves. My 5 Shades of Blue if you will.

Soigné in Vodka Bleu - Vodka Bleu is a really rich dark turquoise-y blue with a seriously awesome formula. It's super pigmented, opaque in just one coat and ridiculously long lasting. Wild horses can't drag this bad boy away! It has an awesome brush, it applies absolutely effortlessly and just looks so gorgeous on the nails.  Love it. 

Maybelline Forever Strong Super Stay Seven Day in Uptown Blue - I haven't had this that long but it has fast become one of my fave light blues. Spring means pastels and this lovely polish more than fits the bill. It is such a pretty sky blue with an almost fluorescent quality to it that really pops. It would look amazing against tanned skin (unfortunately I'll never know being paler than the moon and all.) Not only is the colour pretty special but the formula's awesome too, for  a colour this light I would expect at least 3 coats for it to be opaque but it's really thick and creamy and only took 2. Winner.

Essie in Avenue Maintain - This is one of the first Essie polishes I ever bought and to this day it remains one of my favourites. The colour is super pretty, just a lovely sky blue that is perfect for springtime. I super love it. 

Nails Inc in  Kensington Park Road -  This is one of my most used nail polishes ever! Seriously you can actually see a line from where I've used it so much and with so many nail polishes that just doesn't happen very often. It is a really beautiful neon blue that demands attention, you can't not look at it. It's so pretty but bad ass at the same time. I love it so much. It is all the hearteyed emojis!

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Blueberry - This is the most gorgeous lilac toned cornflower blue, like Uptown Blue it has a neon quality that really stands out. The Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine's have a fabulous formula: opaque in 2 coats, reasonably long lasting with a shiny gel like finish - hence the name - and they're cheap as chips.  Lovely. 

What are your favourite nail polishes? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also,f you have a minute check me out on instagrambloglovinfacebook & pinterest.


Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins