Tuesday 12 May 2015

April Favourites 2015


Okay I don't want to panic anyone but it's May. I'm not even sure how that's possible but  it's May! We're over a third of the way through the year people! Where on earth does the time go?! 

Now that the mad May panic is over let's talk about April shall we?April is my favourite month! It (usually) has Easter, the days are finally getting longer and warmer and most importantly it's my birthday month! I was utterly spoilt and got some fabulous beauty bits (read more about that here) but enough about that. Let's talk favourites. 

Haymarket by Nails Inc 




Spring has finally sprung here in the UK and that means pastels! I have been utterly obsessed with this gorgeous mint blue. It's one of those shades where you don't know if it's green or if it's blue but it's so beautiful that it doesn't even matter. I am so in love with the colour that I've been taking it off to put it straight back on again. It is so beautiful and because it's Nails Inc the formulas good too! I love it. 


Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque  




I am so obsessed with this mask (read more about that here), it is my go to mask for when my skin is looking crap (which is a way more regular occurrence than I care to admit) because it is awesome. It's a bright green clay mask that smells and kinda looks a bit like toothpaste but works wonders. It's as close to perfect as a clay mask can get. It's ridiculously cheap, it clears up any superficial blackheads, dries out whiteheads and leaves the skin looking so much clearer. The only thing I will say is that it does take some time to work it's magic, but it's so worth it. Just whack it on and leave it for half an hour and voila better skin. Obsessed!


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water 



Honestly I've never been a major fan of micellar waters, they're okay I guess, but I've found that some of them can be quite drying. I have super sensitive skin that tends to lean towards the drier side of things so I normally prefer a cream cleanser because they're more moisturising. But this one seems to be designed for us sensitive skinned lasses and removes all my make up really gently without causing any irritation or dryness.  It's super affordable and lasts a really long time, 1 x 400 ml bottle works out to be about 200 uses so it's really good value too. It's just a really nice and effective cleanser. 

Real Techniques Expert Facebrush 



When I first got this brush I didn't like it very much, I thought that it gave really patchy coverage and it was just a bit meh but lately I've been absolutely loving it. I think I didn't like it initially because I'd been using it with the wrong formulas, but lately I've cracked it and my poor beloved Real Techniques Buffing Brush has been left all alone and lonely.  It just applies so easily, blending in effortlessly and when used with the right formula leaves a flawless base. Love it. 

Barry M Speedy Quick Dry in Road Rage



I have been obsessed with this gorgeous mint blue offering from Barry M's latest collection (read my review here). The colour is beautiful, the formula is awesome: thick, creamy and dries in seconds and the new brush is amazing too. On the days where I haven't been wearing Haymarket  I've been wearing this.  It's just so pretty. 


Glass Sweetie Jar by Tesco 



I have been buying so much homeware stuff lately. It's become quite the obsession. I think it's because I've recently moved back to my mum's and I'm already anticipating moving out again. I'll be honest it's not been the easiest of transitions. I spend a lot of time at my mum's anyway but still it's quite an adjustment being here full time. Anyway I spotted this pretty glass jar in the kitchen section of my local Tesco and I just couldn't resist adding it to my basket. It now lives in pride of place on my bedside table because I've been keeping cotton pads in it and I just think it looks so pretty. The best part though was the price, only cost me £4! Which is such a bargain. Loving it. 


 Awake  (Limeleaf and Grapefruit) Reed Diffuser  by Tesco


This is another Tesco find, they've been really upping their game lately! I've always been a bit wary of reed diffusers for 2 reasons. 1. I am the clumsiest person in the whole entire world and I'd definitely knock it over and 2. when I do  knock it over (it's inevitable) then the oil would definitely stain something but more importantly it's quite harmful to animals and I have a dog who I adore and I'd never want him to get hurt, especially over something so avoidable. Having said that I realised that my concerns can all be avoided. I only have to make sure that  the diffuser is kept well out of the way, which it is.  So once I'd accepted this I just had to pick this one up. Again it was ridiculously cheap - only £3! Whoop Whoop! - and has the most incredible scent! It's citrus based, and is so refreshing and zingy, I just love it. It completely fills my room  with this beautiful fragrance yet isn't overpowering at all. Not only does it smell incredible  but the bottle it comes in is really sleek and pretty too. I love it. 


Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom


Those of you who read this post will know that I, and the rest of the world, have been having a bit of a moment with adult colouring books lately. Colouring in is so relaxing and just ridiculously fun. This book is so lovely to colour in. It's beautifully illustrated and I can just lose myself for hours in it. 

What are your April Favourites? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check me out on instagram, facebook, bloglovin & pinterest for daily updates. 

I hope you guys are having a lovely week. I'll be back on Thursday.

Until then...

Love love love xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins