Tuesday 5 May 2015

What I got for my birthday


Two weeks ago I turned 24 and I got absolutely spoilt. Not that I'm complaining ;) So I thought I would share what I got with you lovely lot. (Side note: I really hope that no one thinks I'm showing off. I just find these posts really interesting)

Pandora Charms


I've had my Pandora bracelet for nearly 3 years now and every Christmas and Birthday I get a new charm to add to the ranks. This year I got two courtesy of my lovely mama, a really beautiful hand held mirror because of my make up obsession, insert all the heart eyed emojis, and a pile of books with an owl in a graduation cap on it because I graduated last year. The reason I love Pandora so much  is because the charms kinda tell a story and everyone has something different. - If anyone would be interested in a post about my Pandora bracelet let me know, all the details are below.


Pandora Pendant


My Mama actually bought me this Pandora pendant just after Christmas and put it away for my birthday (that's how we roll in our family, she starts buying Christmas presents in July) It's really simple and understated but so pretty. I love it. Mama has good taste.   


Forage & Find  Necklace


This beautiful necklace was a gift from my bestest, girl always gets me such lovely presents. She's the greatest gift giver I know - apart from my mama! It's so unique and  pretty.  It's made from the mechanism of an old pocket watch and is absolutely gorgeous. I am obsessed with it.

Michael Kors for Estée Lauder 









OMG! This is just the most beautiful thing ever! My mum picked this up for me at Bicester Village and it's just one of the most beautiful make up collaborations ever. The collection is made up of a blush trio, a lipstick, lipgloss, mascara, eyeliner and a nail polish all wrapped up in a Michael Kors make up bag that I can only describe as heavenly. I'm seriously in love with it! The colours are beautiful, the packaging is to die for and the whole thing is just so beautiful that I almost don't want to use it (I will, obvs!) I'm gonna go into more detail in a future post so keep your eye out for that.


Fila  RunningTrainers


So if you read this post  you'll know that lately I've been going through a bit of a lifestyle overhaul. I mean total overhaul. As someone who is a bit of an exercisephobe - read total and complete coach potatoe - I've had no need for trainers in my day to day life... like at all. But having been spurred on by my change in eating habits and recent weight loss I decided that it was time to add some exercise to the mix and asked my mum for some trainers, causing her to literally emergency stop (on second thought asking her while she was driving was a bad idea) and she got me these, and I love them. They remind me of the Nike Free Runs, they're really comfy and they just look cool. I haven't managed a run yet (baby steps guys, baby steps) but I'll keep you posted. 


NAKED 2 




My very lovely cousins/besties got me the Naked 2 Pallet by Urban Decay because they are the sweetest people in the world! I can't even tell you how excited I was when I opened it. It is so beautiful I couldn't bring myself to use it for about a week because I didn't want to hurt it. I've been lusting after the Naked pallets for longer than I can remember but being a constantly broke student they've never really been a priority and I've made do with dupes instead. But now I have it and I'm so ridiculously happy about it. The Naked 2 is made up of 12 cool toned neutral shadows, with a mixture of shimmers, satins and matte finishes. The shadows are absolute perfection! A bold statement but it's so true. The colours are absolutely beautiful! They have a buttery soft texture with very little fall out, they're ridiculously pigmented and apply like a dream. I'm so in love with it. Insert all the heart eyed emojis!!! 

From my dad and step mum I got money and my sister took me out for a night of dancing and cocktails which only ended when both of us and a friend of ours fell into a taxi and asked the driver to take us to McDonalds, which he didn't!  

I had such a lovely birthday and got absolutely spoilt. Again I really hope no one thinks I'm being an unbearable show off/spoilt brat. What I got for my birthday posts are some of my favourite to read because I am one of the nosiest people in the world and I wanted to share this with my fellow Nosy Rosies out there. 

To my fellow April Babies, Happy Birthday!, what did you get for your birthdays? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin & pinterest for daily updates. Have yourselves a lovely week and I'll be back on Thursday.

Until then... 

Love love love xxx




2 comments:

  1. Awwww ❤ The Michael Kors make up set looks amazing! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely ❤️ It is so gorgeous! If I could eat it then I probably would, that's how pretty it is xx

      Delete

Latest pins