Tuesday 30 June 2015

FOTD: A Summer Wedding







First of all let me apologise for the giant pictures of my face, secondly I know I've been laying the wedding stuff on pretty thick these past two weeks but I thought I'd share this pretty, summer look (that is both ridiculously easy and super long wearing) with you lovelies. 

I started off by prepping the skin and for that I used L'Oreal's Infallible Mattifying Primer (read more about that here) to make my skin nice and smooth and to lock in my make up so it  lasted all day. In a move that was most unlike me I actually got a spray tan for my brother's wedding. Tanning isn't usually my thing, pasty and proud, but I wore an ivory dress to the wedding and when I tried it on sans tan I looked dead. Like actually dead. The corpse like pallor had to go and honestly I really liked having a golden glow for a change, but it did mean that all of my foundations were too light against my newly bronzed skin. 

To get the perfect shade I mixed together 2 pumps of  L'Oreal True Match Foundation in Vanilla Rose with 2 pumps of Revlon Photoready in Nude and it worked really well. It gave me really nice coverage without being cakey but was still quite glowy. To cover any blemishes and redness I used Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory and Seventeen Phwoaaar Paint Under Eye Concealer to brighten up my bags.

When I finished my base I used the contour shade from the Sleek Face Form Pallet in fair to lightly contour my non-existent cheek bones and to add a bit of warmth to my face. I then used MAC blush in Dame, which is my absolutely favourite blusher, it is such a pretty rose pink and gives such a lovely flush of colour LOVE IT! For highlighter I popped some of the Kryolan for Glossy Box Cream Highlighter in Cashmere down the centre of my nose, on the tops of my cheekbones, on my cupids bow, in the inner corners of my eyes and beneath the arches of my brows before filling them in with Anastasia Beverly Hill's Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown. 

For my eyes I used the W7 In The Buff: Lightly Toasted Pallet, a spectacular dupe for the Naked Pallet just fyi, using the shade Happy (a light taupey bronze) all over the lid before blending Magic (a rich purple toned brown) and It's A Dream (an ashy purple & grey toned brown) into the crease and under the lash line. I then tightlined and filled in my waterline with MAC eyeliner in Feline and added lashings of L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mega Volume Waterproof Mascara. I finished the look with a slick of Bourjois' Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong because it is the prettiest, fuschia pink that looks gorgeous and as an added bonus stayed in place all day!

So what do you guys think? Would you wear this to a wedding? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses and pinterest

Love love love xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins