Thursday 25 June 2015

L'Oréal Paris Infallible Mattifying Base Review






Hi Guys! I hope everyone's having a lovely week and enjoying the sunshine. Today I'm gonna share my thoughts on L'Oréal Paris's Infallible Mattifying Base with you lovely people.

Now for me primer is one of those products that I'm quite happy to skip, unless I need my make up to last a particularly long time but other than that I don't really use it. However I wore this to my brother's wedding and it kept my make up in place all day without even a hint of shine, we're talking a good 14/15 hours here.

The product itself is a fast absorbing, super light weight gel formula that leaves the skin smooth, matte and evenly textured. It promises all day comfort whilst enhancing foundation and neutralising shine. But does it deliver?

Yes. Yes it does.

I was expecting it to feel quite silicon-y and sticky but that is so not the case. When first applied it feels quite wet, which is really strange for a mattifying product, but it absorbs into the skin ridiculously quickly. It evens out any bumpiness, takes care of shine, leaves the skin velvety smooth and acts as the perfect base for flawless foundation. It's also incredibly gentle on the skin whilst still adding some serious staying power to my make up. It keeps my make up in place for hours without being the least bit drying.

My experience with products that mattify the skin have usually been quite negative. Being quite dry skinned shininess isn't usually a problem for me but at the times when it has been I've really not had great experiences with mattifying formulas. I've found them to be quite harsh; stripping and drying, which is a  pretty serious problem for those of us with sensitive skin, and have left my skin dehydrated and in dire need of some moisture. Normally I avoid mattifying base products like the plague for this very reason. However summer is now upon us and this primer has been fantastic in combating sweat induced shine and really locks in my make up, keeping it in place for hours on end. I've been using it on an almost daily basis and I love it. It's great for those of us with drier skin types who only have occasional shininess but would work really well for oilier skin types.

One of my favourite things about it, other than it's awesome, is the packaging, which is fantastic. It comes in a really handy, see through, squeezy tube with a thin nozzle that dispenses the perfect amount of product. The tube is super handy for travelling but it also shows you how much you've got left - this is one of my biggest bugbears, I HATE it when you can't see when you've run out! - The best thing though is that it gives you detailed descriptions of the product, including the texture, what it does and how to use it, which I think is the best idea ever and should be on all make up. Overall it's amazing! Actually amazing.

I was so impressed with this product and I haven't even mentioned the super low price point yet! Seriously I would expect this kind of performance from a much more expensive, higher end product but this set me back a mere £6.99. So it's a bargain too!

Have you tried L'Oréal's Infallible Mattifying Base? What did you think? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses & pinterest for daily updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins