Tuesday 28 July 2015

Pay Day Beauty Hauling (again) #2


It's safe to say that I may have a very slight, but very real, shopping problem. Whenever Pay Day rolls around I seem to make it my mission to see how quickly I can get rid of all my money, the upside is I then get to share these awesome purchases with you lovelies. Silver linings and all that.

So you'll notice that there's a lot of Maybelline, it was on offer that's why :),  normally I find Maybelline a bit hit and miss but they have really upped their game lately and with a buy one get one half price deal on at Boots at the moment I couldn't resist adding some of their latest releases to my collection. 

Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Pallet - £9.99 from Boots



This is a really versatile pallet, made up of 12 neutral shadows with a mixture of matte, satin and shimmer finishes that will take you from the most neutral day look to the smokiest of smokey eyes. Now I am firmly of the belief that one can never have too many neutral eyeshadow pallets (seriously you should see how many I've got) and whilst I haven't tried this out properly yet, my initial impression is a bit mixed.  The shadows are buttery soft in texture and nicely pigmented, which is really good, but there's a lot of fall out. Like a lot, a lot which means application is really messy. It also cost £9.99, which is pretty good considering the L'Oreal La Palette Nude will set you back £14.99 but when you take the amazing MUA Heaven and Earth pallet, which is both beautiful and ridiculously cheap, coming in at only £4, into consideration you have to ask is it worth it? I'm not sure yet but I'll definitely let you know.

Maybelline Master Sculpt Contouring Pallette in 01 Light Medium - £6.99 from Boots



I got this after seeing Fleur De Force talking about how amazing the highlighter is and just had to try it out for myself. Now before I start raving about the quality of this product (heads up, it's a good 'un!) I have to tell you I'm not a big fan of the packaging. It's clunky and clumsy and just  unnecessarily chunky (definitely could be describing myself here ;) :S), this is because, as well as the product, it plays host to a brush and a mirror. Now I know just by looking at the brush that I'll never use it so I think they could get rid of it entirely and move the mirror to the lid making the packaging much sleeker and more travel friendly. Having said that I can live with it, it doesn't bother me that much. The product itself I really like. The contour shade is the perfect ashy, grey toned brown for us paler girls and makes for a really subtle and natural looking contour. The highlighter is lovely too, really soft and subtle but gives a lovely, glowy radiance to the skin and the powder itself is finely milled and buttery soft. I have to say I like it a lot! 

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 10 Light - £5.99 from Boots


I go through tubes of concealer like I go through packs of Haribo, super quickly with no regrets. After seeing that Boots had sold out of my beloved Collection Lasting Perfection concealer I thought I'd try out Maybelline's Fit Me concealer in the shade 10 Light,  and so far I like it. It has a smooth, creamy formula that's easy to blend and gives even but buildable coverage. Due to the doe foot applicator it applies easily and effortlessly and blends seamlessly into the skin giving flawless coverage where you need it. Whilst it's not my favourite drugstore concealer, that illustrious title belongs to the already mentioned Collection Lasting Perfection, it's definitely up there.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara - £7.99 from Boots 


I'm a huge fan of the Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara (read more about that here), I'd even go so far as to say it's my favourite drugstore mascara, so it was only a matter of time before the regular formula made it's way into my shopping basket. I haven't actually tried it yet but expect a comparison post soon. 

Rimmel BB Cream 9 in 1 Skin Perfecting Super Make Up in Light - £4.99 from Tesco


I've been looking for something a bit more light weight for the past couple of weeks so when I spotted this on offer in my local Tesco I thought it was definitely worth checking it out so into my basket it went. I haven't tried it out yet, having spent the last two days watching Orange is the New Black, make up free and in my comfies, but it promises to prime and moisturise whilst also minimising the appearance of pores and concealing, covering, smoothing, mattifying, brightening and protecting the skin. It promises a lot. Having swatched it on the back of my hand I can tell you the formula is really light weight and gives a nice amount of coverage whilst still looking natural. I'll let you know how I get on. 

Mini Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water - £1 each from Asda


I saw these in Asda and actually couldn't resist, what is it about mini's that make them so darn irresistible?! They're just so cute! I love Garner's Micellar Waters (read more about that here), they get rid of all traces of make up without being harsh or drying on the skin and the size is both adorable and so good for travelling. I'll definitely be popping one of these in my travel bag if I do any unexpected jetting off this summer. (Sorry guys I couldn't find the minis on the Asda website but you can get the full size here)

Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Organic Raw Coconut Oil - £9.95 from Amazon


Last week I got my hair cut, and due to dryness and split ends I had to have way more off than I was happy with. Enter Lucy Bee's Extra Virgin Organic Raw Coconut Oil. It's common knowledge that Coconut Oil is the super-est of all the superfoods and has a laundry list a mile long of health and beauty benefits. Encouraging growth and improving the overall condition of the hair being just one of those benefits, so when I saw my newly shorn lengths I knew I had to give it a try (desperate times and all that... ps I'm totally over-reacting, it's really not that bad) and headed to Amazon where I hastily added a 500ml jar to my basket. As I write this I have a tablespoon of melted coconut oil in my hair and it smells awesome, just like bounties, and is making it feel really soft and nourished. I'll be posting a full review soon so keep an eye out for that. 

Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham & Caitlin Moran's How to Build a Girl - £3.85 or 2 for £7 here and here


These two have been on my wish list forever so when I spotted them in my local Tesco I snapped them up. I've heard excellent things about both so I'm really excited to get reading. I can't wait to get stuck in!

Cup & Saucer - £2.50 from Asda



I saw this adorable turquoise cup & saucer in Asda and couldn't resist. I love the colour and I just think it's so cute! And being a total Tea Addict I am definitely going to be getting a lot of use out of it. 

What beauty bits have you been splashing the cash on lately? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest to stay updated. 

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins