Sunday 12 July 2015

Pay Day Beauty Hauling #1


Hey Guys! I hope everyone has had a fab weekend! Personally I've been holed up in my room doing some uni work and watching netflix, mostly I've been watching netflix but I certainly thought about doing uni work. Anyway I got paid on Friday and went on a bit of a shopping spree, clothes and make up, and I thought I'd share all the beauty bits and pieces I picked up with you lovely lot! 

L'Oreal Paris Color Riche in Julianne's Nude


Usually I'm not a fan of nude lipsticks, I like my lipstick bright and bold, but after my mum got this and I saw how good it looked I just had to get my hands on it. It is the most gorgeous blue toned pinky-nude and I am actually in love with it! It's nude without being too nude, a classic 'my lips but better shade' suited to us english rose types. Whilst it's not the most long lasting of formulas, it is super moisturising and the colour is incredible, it also smells lovely, like parma violets. I can see this becoming my go to lipstick, Me? Rocking nudes? Who'd have thunk it?!

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Sky Blue and Barry M Speedy Quick Dry Nail Paint in Eat My Dust


I love me some blue nail polishes (read more about that here) and these two were irresistible. Sky Blue is a really beautiful sky blue, funnily enough, it has that whole is it blue? is it green? it doesn't matter because it's so gorgeous thing going on and I love it.  Eat My Dust is a very pretty pale lilac-y cornflower blue shade. Eat My Dust has actually been on my list for ages but it's always out of stock, so when I finally spotted this bottle hiding away in the shampoo aisle of my local boots I snapped it up. I really love both of the Hi-Shine Gelly and Speedy Quick Dry formulas; the Hi-Shine Gelly formula is really thick and creamy yet easily workable and has a gorgeous shiny, gel-like finish. Whereas the Speedy Quick Dry formula does exactly what it says on the tin, dries super quickly and has an amazing rounded brush that hugs the cuticles and makes painting your nails a breeze. I am so happy with these purchases, Barry M is my absolutely fave for high street/drug store nails.

Essence The Gel Polish in Electriiiiiic


Yes another blue nail polish, I may have a bit of a blue nail polish problem, Electriiiiiic is currently adorning my nails and I have to say it is gorgeous! It's a beautiful royal blue that really pops against tanned skin, not that I'd know anything about that #palegirlproblems. I'd never actually tried any of the essence polishes but they are really good, with a thick, gel-like formula that applies easily and lasts really well on the nails. It was also a total bargain, setting me back a mere £1.90.Yep you read that right, this tiny bottle of bright blue joy cost less than £2! I'll definitely be adding more to my collection.

Superdrug Vitamin E Skincare Facial Oil


Ever since I ran out of the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil there has been a noticeable difference in the condition of my skin, it's been drier and more blackhead prone than ever, so whilst I'm waiting for a new bottle of that to arrive I thought I'd give this facial oil a try to see if it would give my skin a much needed moisture boost. I haven't actually tested it out on anything other than the back of my hand yet but from that I can tell you it smells gorgeous, like coconut, and is both fast absorbing and super moisturising. I'll let you know how I get on.

Witch Naturally Clear Blemish Stick


The Witch Naturally Clear Blemish Stick has long been a favourite of mine for drying out big, juicy spots and blemishes, so when I ran out I had to get a new one. It's one of the best on the spot spot treatments that I've come across as it gets to work instantly on breaking down any excess oil and fighting spot-causing bacteria. I have quite dry, sensitive skin but witch hazel is a natural astringent that clears up spots without being too harsh on my skin. Having said that I would advise those with particularly dry skin to steer clear as it does dry out spots and the surrounding skin but for me it's a life saver. 

What have you guys been spending your hard earned pennies on? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - and pinterest for regular updates. Also let me know if you'd be interested in seeing a post about the clothes and fashiony bits I picked up. 

Love love love xxx

2 comments:

  1. That lipstick looks gorgeous - I'm definitely adding this onto my wishlist! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my God! I love it, it's so beautiful. Let me know what you think when you get it.

      Thanks for reading ❤️

      Xx

      Delete

Latest pins