Thursday 13 August 2015

HUGE Barry M & Revlon Nail Polish Haul

So I was in Boots, as I frequently am when I have some spare cash, and just couldn't resist the buy one get one half price offer on Barry M nails. As you guys will know Barry M is my favourite for drug store nails. I cannot, nay will not, fault him and his glorious polishes.



The first polishes I picked up were Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Damson, Guava & Sugar Plum  - £3.99 each or buy one get one half price from Boots.I am a massive fan of the Gelly Hi-Shine formulas, so when I saw they were on offer I knew some more would be making their merry way into my basket. Damson was the first one I reached for, you know I can never resist a blue! The colour of this is really hard to pin point, it's somewhere between a rich sky blue and royal blue, but it is so gorgeous! I've only had it on my nails for a day and have had so many compliments. It is beautiful! And believe it or not I actually have nothing like this in my already ridiculous but ever growing collection. Guava is a repurchase because I used it so much it went all gloopy and had to throw it away. The colour is beautiful, a stunning, blue toned turquoise that I just love. It's one of my favourites. Sugar Plum was next because I physically could not leave without it. This colour, OMG this colour. Sugar Plum is a beautiful purple toned pink and it is just about one of the prettiest polishes I've ever seen. I saw it and just had to have it. So I got it. I will be wearing this a lot. A LOT, a lot. It is B-E-A-U-tiful!



I also picked up two of the Barry M Sunset Curing Nail Paints in Fuchsia Generation and The Way You Make Me Teal - £4.99 each or buy one get one half price from Boots. Now foolishly I forgot to get the topcoat that makes this formula so special so I'll definitely be going back to pick that up before I give my final thoughts. The formula is, supposedly, a souped up version of the Gelly Hi Shines, giving you a salon quality gel manicure from home without the help of a UV lamp, that's right it uses the sun's own UV rays to get that totes profesh finish. I'll let you know once I get my hands on the topcoat BUT I can tell you the colours are stunning, more wintery in tone, but oh so beautiful. Fuchsia Generation, love the name, is a rich, red toned raspberry, perfect for Autumn days and long Winter nights. The Way You Make Me Teal, again love the name, is a muted but beautiful turquoise (shocker!) that I will definitely be getting a lot of use out of. Based on the colours alone I love them. I'll let you know how I get on.


Barry M Speedy Quick Dry Nail Paint in Lap of Honour - £3.99 each or buy one get one half price from Boots. This formula is A-MAY-ZING. Long lasting, thick, creamy and dry in seconds. Blink and you'll miss it. With a revolutionary, yeah I said it!, nail hugging brush even application is an absolute dream. Lap of Honour has been on my list for a while now, a pastel lilac that's both really subtle and very pretty. I can't wait to try it out.


Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy in Up The Ante & Dealer's Choice  2 for £8 from Boots. These are repurchases, Up the Ante & Dealer's Choice are old favourites of mine (read more about that here), the formula is amazing. I'd even go so far as to say that Revlon's Colorstay Gel Envy is the  BEST formulation on the highstreet. They are beautiful. Long lasting with a beautiful gel-like consistency and finish these have been firm favourites of mine for a long, long time. Up the Ante is a warm purple and the first ever nail polish I ever managed to finish! It is stunning and looks awesome year round. Dealer's Choice is another favourite, another turquoise (I have a problem!), this one has a really subtle sheen of silver glitter running through it. There was a time when I was alternating between these two because they're amazing!

Have you tried any of these? If not what polishes will you be adding to your collection? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.comAlso check out my instagram, facebookbloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins