Sunday 9 August 2015

The Weekly Round Up #1 Migraines, Nails & Youtube



Welcome to my first ever Weekly Round Up! A run down of all the beauty bits, tv, books, music, youtubers, etc. etc. that I've been loving over the past 7 days. Sort of a mini weekly favourites. So let's get started!

The Great British Bake Off


I can't even tell you how happy I am that GBBO has returned to our screens! I super love it. Mel and Sue, Paul Hollywood's piercing blue eyes, Mary Berry in general,  the relentless but oh so amazing baking puns and, of course, the drama of competitive baking, we all remember 'the bincident!'makes for unmissable viewing! I've already got a bit of a soft spot for Ian, anyone who makes chocolate elephants to decorate a Black Forest Gateau is okay in my books. I also like Mat the Fireman, Tamal and the young Scottish girl Flora. *Spoiler* I was a bit gutted that Stu went first because he had a fantastic hat, and I bet he would have made some really interesting bakes but oh well. Ooh I can't wait for next Wednesday. 

Kleenex Cooling Gel Eye Mask 



(I couldn't find this exact one online but you can get a similar mask for £6.00 from The Body Shop)

I suffer with migraines and this week I've had one that's really knocked me for six.  I'm still not back to normal yet and it's been a week. They're awful. When one strikes the only thing I can really do is stay in bed, with my black out curtains drawn, wondering how long I can wait before taking more pain killers and whimpering pathetically. One thing that really helps to ease the pain is this mask. Yes I look like a serial killer when I wear it BUT it really helps to ease the tension in my forehead and under my eyes. I just leave it in the fridge for a few hours and then let it work it's cooling magic. 

 Lana

I spend pretty much all my spare time on youtube (because I'm a cool kid!) and I'm constantly on the lookout for new youtubers to add to my subscription box. Enter my new youtube favourite Lana! Lana is an American/Spanish youtuber and she is absolutely adorable. She has really good taste in make up and fashion, I have a bit of a style crush on her, and she just seems really nice. I really like her videos. Check out her youtube channel here

Barry M Hi Shine Gelly Nail Paint in Prickly Pear - £3.99 from Barry M



I love Barry M, I've said it before and I'll say it again, he is the undisputed king of high street nails. In particular I'm a really big fan of the Hi-Shine Gelly Formulas, they're long lasting, thick, creamy, easily workable, have decent brushes, leave a gorgeous, shiny, gel-like finish (hence the name) and are opaque within 2 -3 coats. Prickly Pear is a blue toned summery lilac that looks really lovely on. I've been taking it off to put it back on again because it's so pretty.

Nothing Left to Lose by Kari Kimmel 


I have had this song on repeat since I heard it on The DUFF soundtrack, it's played over the sad bit just fyi. It's very bittersweet and sad, my favourite kind of song, but oh so good. Listen to it here

What have you been loving this week? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - and pinterest for updates. 

Love love love xxx

*Disclaimer* The images of Great British Bake Off, Lana & Kari Kimmel are NOT owned by myself. Images used for entertainment purposes only. Images via, via, via. I own all other images used.

2 comments:

  1. I really struggle with migraines too and eye masks are such a god send. I've had to buy a few because sometimes they pop so I might try the bodyshop one next.

    Amber x
    ambambe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't be without mine when I have a migraine, they're amazing. I've had mine for years and it's fine but I couldn't find it anywhere online. Let me know how you get on with the body shop mask.

    Thanks for reading xx

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins