Sunday 16 August 2015

The Weekly Round Up #2: Disney, Lena & Game of Thrones

Welcome to my second weekly round up. It's been a bit of a busy one this week, I've spent a lot of time cooped up in the library working on my dissertation, and cursing myself for choosing to do a Masters Degree to begin with. Anyway that's by the by here's what I've been loving this week.


Not that Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham I've been resisting this book for the past couple of weeks, because I've heard how good it is and knew that once I started I wouldn't be able to put it down. I was right. Lena's writing is both hilarious and achingly poignant. It just completely blew me away. It's not only an excellent book but I think it's a really important one as well. 


Inside Out Just when you think Pixar might be running out of ideas (Planes... really?) they release Inside Out and it is beyond amazing. With an all star cast featuring some of my absolute faves: Amy Poehler, Mindy Kaling, Bill Hader, Phyllis from The Office, the hypochondriac man from Scrubs. It is hilarious, sweet, heartbreaking and incredible. It made me feel all the feels at once, which I think is kind of the point. I loved it. It is everything! 




Game of Thrones So I am WAY late to the party with this one, aren't I always?, but I get it now. GoT is amazeballs. I started it Friday night and got half way through the first season in one sitting because it is so addictive. A 'friend' of mine has already ruined it by texting me a ton of spoilers, which I'm hoping he's made up, but I'm really enjoying it, even if it is a bit heavy on the beheadings. 





My song of the week this week is, drumroll please... A Matter of Trust by Billy Joel If you're new round these parts then you won't know that I have the same taste in music as a middle aged man, my Dad to be exact. I love Dad music and Billy Joel's A Matter of Trust definitely falls into this category. It's amazing. I love it! You can listen to it here

So that's what I've been loving this week, how about you? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - and pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

*Disclaimer:* I do not own the images of Inside Out, Game of Thrones or Billy Joel. Images are used for entertainment purposes only. Images Via, Via, Via

2 comments:

  1. I'm quite curious about that book!! I have to check it out since I'm almost finishing the book I'm currently reading.
    I've seen so many people talking about the movie Inside Out, I haven't had the chance to see it and I would love to! And yes, planes weren't the best idea XD
    As for GoT, well you're still a "baby" in the series, let's just say that my husband used to see it with me and he gave up on season 4 and I ended season 5 in tears. The secret to watch GoT is: Don't get a favorite character XD

    www.avintageowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you should definitely check it out it is such a good read. Autobiographies aren't normally my thing but I've really enjoyed it. Inside Out was amazing! I was crying after the first 5 minutes.

    I know I've had so many warnings about that, Robb Stark's my favourite so far and rumour has it things don't end well :'(

    Thanks for reading!

    L xxx

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins