Sunday 20 September 2015

(Late) August Favourites 2015

HELLO LOVELY PEOPLE! Long time no blog! I am so happy to be back I can't even tell you. After a nightmarish few weeks, including a nasty and badly timed bout of acid reflux disease (don't ask... it's not pleasant), my dissertation's due date, thank God that's over, and a rather nasty cold (not what I need) my dissertation is finally handed in and, even though I'm laid up in bed with a cold,  I'm now free to read what I want to read - I'm so excited!!! - and write about make up. Hurray! From now on it's business as usual on my little corner of the internet. So on that note, even though at this point they are ridiculously late, here are my August Favourites.


(Sorry the swatches haven't come out great, this was the best of a bad lot.)

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion - My skin hasn't been great for a while but lately, probably due to stress and eating a bit too much sugary stuff, my skin has been the worst I've ever seen it. I'm not even joking it is awful! I was using The Body Shop's Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion throughout August to get rid of any nasties lurking on my skin to prevent new spots forming and it has really helped. Designed with oily/blemish prone skin in mind this lotion lightly hydrates, mattifies and helps to clear the skin. With the primary ingredient being tea tree oil, a super ingredient known for it's spot fighting and anti-bacterial properties, it leaves the skin feeling fresh and clean and visibly clearer. My skin isn't oily at all, in fact it's the opposite. I have very sensitive, occasionally dry skin but I do breakout a lot and I have found this definitely gives me clearer looking skin without being too harsh. I really like it. I only have the 15ml tube at the moment but it's lasted really well, and I will definitely be picking up the full size when this runs out.

Maybelline Master Sculpt Contouring Pallet in 01 Light Medium - I picked this up a while back (read more here) and have been using it on a daily basis ever since because it's so good. The contour is the perfect ashy toned brown for us pal gals, it just looks so natural and shadow like on the skin. I can really carve out cheek bones and it doesn't look like I've gone the full Kardashian or too overboard. It just looks really natural. I love it BUT the highlighter is my favourite. I've never been a fan of powder highlighters, I've not had great experiences with them to be honest. The ones I've tried have either been too shimmery/glittery or the texture has been too chalky or not easy to blend but this one is amazing. Finely milled, easily blendable and it gives such a beautiful, subtle radiance to the skin without being too in your face. I've been using it to set my under eye concealer and it works wonders. It really brightens up my, very dark, under eye area and makes my skin look really fresh and glowy, like it's lit from within. I. Love. It.

Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick in Raspberry - This lipstick was my go to throughout August (read more about that here). Natural Collection is not a brand I've ever really tried before but I'm a really big fan of this lipstick, I have two because it's awesome. The formula is not the best, it's very rich and moisturising but it doesn't want to hang around for very long. I've got round this by dusting some translucent powder over the top. I just love it. The colour is a super pretty berry toned pink that is right in my wheelhouse and suitable for everyday and this makes it more than worth the hassle of reapplying every couple of hours.


Pinch Me by The Barenaked Ladies - I've loved this song for ages but it was one I'd almost completely forgotten about until it came on when my iPod was on shuffle. I'm a really big fan of the Barenaked Ladies, I actually saw them at Hard Rock Calling in Hyde Park about 4 years ago and they were amazing. They wrote a song on stage. It was incredible! Pinch Me is one of their lesser known songs, although Scrubs fans would have heard it in the background of an episode, it sounds so happy but if you really listen to the lyrics it's quite sad. I love it. Give it a listen and let me know what you think.

What were your August Favourites? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins