Tuesday 13 October 2015

Kendall Jenner for Esteé Lauder Pure Color Matte Sculpting Lipstick in Restless





I've been holding onto this post for a quite a while now, just while I've been trying to organise my thoughts, which are very mixed by the way, about Kendall Jenner's much talked of Pure Color Matte Sculpting Lipstick in Restless.

First let's talk pros, because there are a few of them.  Everything about this product screams pure luxury, (including the price tag... at £25 it's not exactly cheap), from the dreamy formula to the sleek, weighted, magnetised and completely gorgeous navy and gold packaging. Just holding the lipstick feels like an act of pure indulgence. It is one seriously luxe item. Even my mum, who does not find make up impressive at all, found the magnetic closure incredibly satisfying. So let's come back to the formula, because it is truly a thing of wonder: matte, long lasting, vanilla scented - everything one could want when rocking a bold lip - but with a creamy, moisturising feel to it that means it doesn't dry the lips out at all. Nor does it cling to any dry patches, as so many matte lipsticks are wont to do, and with the right liner it sticks around for hours BUT there is a bit of transfer when eating, drinking, kissing etc so some reapplication might be needed. 

So let's talk about the colour because this is where my thoughts of admiration get all tangled. Let me just say it has photographed beautifully, honestly it looks stunning in the pictures. A gorgeous pillar box red that is right in my red lipstick loving wheelhouse. In reality it is way more orange. Esteé Lauder describes it as 'Part Poppy. Part Orange Crush.' Essentially a neon red-orange hybrid. Unfortunately I didn't know this when I bought it, being an online exclusive there was no opportunity for me to swatch it (BOO!). And whilst I have no problem rocking a red lip, my reds tend to be more blue toned as I find that they're best suited to my pale skin tone. Yellow and orange toned reds tend to make my pasty skin look sickly and my teeth look a bit yellow. And that's really not a good look for anyone. Having said that I definitely think part of me is resistant to it because it is so different from what I normally go for, and it does look really good in the pictures. So maybe it's time for me to shake things up a bit in the red lipstick department...

Have you tried Restless? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for updates. 

Love love love xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins