Tuesday 20 October 2015

Pay Day Beauty Hauling #4: The T.K. Maxx Edition

Those of you who follow me on twitter and instagram will know that I've been seriously loving the beauty aisles at T.K. Maxx (or T.J. Maxx in the US) lately. There are 2 very simple reasons for this: 1. It's awesome. 2. It's one of the best place to get genuine high end make up for bargain prices. Seriously what's not to love?! Having said that, the best thing about T.K. Maxx is also the worst thing about T.K. Maxx, it's a double edged sword guys! Yes, you can find some seriously amazing stuff in there for really cheap BUT the stock isn't standardised, it's for this reason that I haven't been able to link anything up. Sorry. Anyway here's what I've been hauling. 



Notebook - £4.99 from T.K. Maxx

Now I am a girl who loves her stationery, particularly pretty stationery, specifically notebooks. There's just something about a brand new notebook. So when I saw this ridiculously pretty, and inspiring, notebook how could I resist?! The gold against lilac is gorgeous, and I love the message on the front, it's so cute! I can't wait to scribble down all my blog ideas in it. In my very best handwriting, of course.


Essie Spring Collection - £7.00
Essie The Lace is On & Strut Your Stuff - £3.99 all from T.K. Maxx

I've been having a bit of a moment with Essie lately, I've since added Truth or Flare to my growing collection, and it started with this year's Spring Collection which is gorgeous AND cost a bargainous £7! The Spring Collection is so pretty, with four 5 ml pastel polishes. Flowerista - A gorgeous purple-y pink, Blossom Dandy - A muted, but lovely, mint green that is right in my mint nail polish loving wheelhouse, Petal Pushers - A blue-y grey that is both incredibly chic and incredibly pretty and Perennial Chic - A peachy nude that, honestly, is not really my thing, but I can still appreciate it's prettiness. I also picked up The Lace is On - Another purple-y pink, this one a metallic with a very subtle sheen of gold glitter running through it. It is so pretty and so festive, perfect for this time of year. The last polish I picked up was Strut Your Stuff, which has been on my Nail Polish list (yep, I have a Nail Polish list, are you really surprised?) for ages. So when I saw it in T.K. Maxx, for half it's normal price, well obviously I had to have it. My blue nail polish obsession is well documented, and this is a welcome addition to my army of blue polishes. It's a beautiful turquoise that makes me smiley all over my face. Essie's formulation is generally good, with reasonable wear time and an average of 2 coats to achieve opacity. Lovely. 


Dermactin-TS Intensive Skin Care Intense Acne Treatment Pore Refining Facial Sheet Masks - £4.99 for 4 from T.K. Maxx

I have real issues with my skin. Blackheads are my biggest problem, it seems that everytime I get rid of one, ten really angry blackheads arrive to avenge it. It's a constant, and fruitless, battle and I am losing. So when I saw these sheet masks I figured at the very least they were worth a try. I'd never tried sheet masks before and I thought it was amazing, but also really weird. This mask promises to 'penetrate deeply' (that seems unnecessarily sexual, but it's what it says on the packaging), to unclog and clear the pores of dirt and oil, to prevent new blemishes and blackheads forming. It also moisturises and rejuvenates the skin. I actually really liked the mask, although it was really difficult to a) put it on and b) keep it on.  


Also there is literally no escaping the fact that you look like Hannibal Lecter when wearing it. Embrace it, because it is hilarious. Despite all that I could see a noticeable improvement in the condition of my skin after just one use. 


Nuxe Crème Prodigieuse Enrichie Anti-Fatigue Moisturising Cream for Dry Skin - £6.99 from T.K. Maxx

I am so in love with Nuxe, it's one of my absolute favourite skin care brands and for good reason. The lip balm is fabled for it's sheer amazingness amongst the beauty community. Personally I am a huge fan of their Masque Crème Fraîche de Beauté because it's incredible. The only teeny tiny, but still somewhat fatal, flaw is that it's not exactly the cheapest of beasts; so finding this day cream for just £6.99, when it usually retails for £21, actually made my day. It has quickly become my favourite moisturiser. It is so rich and hydrating and smells beautiful. My mum is also a fan because she keeps 'borrowing' it and if she carries on then there will be blood. Seriously though it is amazing. My skin has been particularly dry lately and this has just made it so much better. Expect a full review soon, if I have any left that is...


The Balm: The Balm Voyage Pallette Vol II - £19.99 from T.K. Maxx

And finally the last product in this never ending haul. This I actually got a few weeks back but it was such a great find that I just had to include it. This pallet is awesome! Not only does it have everything, from lip tints to eyeshadows, all of which are incredibly wearable, but the formulations are amazing! Smooth, buttery soft and almost creamy in texture, whilst also being highly pigmented and easily blendable. It is such a handy pallet for travelling because the packaging is very light and compact and also plays host to a decent sized mirror. I'm so glad I found it. 

So that was longer, and ramblier, than usual but thanks for sticking around 'til the end. I definitely recommend checking out the beauty aisle of T.K. Maxx for any beauty lovers, I always find such good stuff in mine. What have you guys been hauling lately? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins