Sunday 18 October 2015

September 2015 Favourites

What with my dissertation being due in and being ill, September flew by in a stress filled blur. I'm so glad it's over! Now I can get to the very serious business of enjoying October. Who doesn't love Autumn? With it's crisp, cool mornings, the leaves changing colour and hot chocolate with marshmallows. It's my favourite time of year (read more about that here) but enough about that. Let's talk about my very, very late September favourites shall we?




MAC Matte Lipstick in D is for Danger - £15.50 from MAC 

During the dissertation madness I went a bit OTT on the MAC website (haul post to follow) and, somehow, D for Danger found it's merry way into my basket. A  rich berry shade that looks stunning on, is long lasting and absolutely perfect for this time of year, it has quickly become my go to for berry lips, and we all know how much I love a berry lip! The formula does tend towards the drier side of things but it sticks around for hours without needing to be re-applied and is just all kinds of beautiful.

L'Oreal La Palette Nude in Rose - £14.99 from Boots

I was super excited when this was released last year and I think I used it maybe once before it was relegated to the back of the make up drawer in favour of other, more neutral, pallets. But recently I've found myself reaching for it more and more. And I think it's due to the two matte, lilac-y, pink-y, brown shades (on the right in the first picture) and the dusky lilac (centre in the second)



These are a total departure from the silvery, taupey bronzes that I rock on a pretty much daily basis; but they just look so pretty and subtle on the lid. The shadows themselves are lovely: buttery soft, easy to blend and nicely pigmented, with no creasing on the lid. I can see myself getting a lot more use out of this pallet. It's rather fabulous. 

No 7 Radiance Boosting Hot Cloth Cleanser - No longer available but No 7 do have a very similar Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser for £9.95 at Boots

This cleanser is amazing! I mentioned it a few weeks back in my Weekly Round Up (read it here) and I'm still loving it. I love that it's a hot cloth cleanser. Lying back and resting a hot muslin cloth on my face is just sooooooooo relaaaaaaxing. It feels so luxurious and pampering to just sit back and let the hot cloth work it's magic for 5 minutes.  It thoroughly cleanses the skin whilst still being really gentle, and being hypo-allergenic it's even suitable for those of us with sensitive skin. I really like it.

Real Techniques Duo-Fibre Face Brush - as part of the Nic's Picks Collection, £23.37 from Amazon

I'm actually a big of the entire collection (expect a full review soon) but have been reaching for the Duo-Fibre face brush on a daily basis. It is a dream for applying powder products without looking cakey, it just makes for a really nice light-weight application for a flawless finish. Personally,  I love it for bronzer and contouring because it doesn't pick up too much pigment, so I can really build up ny contour/bronzer when applying, but it's almost impossible to go over the top. Well done Pixiwoo! You've done it again! 


Les Misérables - booking information available here

Me, my brother & sister surprised my mum by taking her to see Les Mis as part of her birthday present, and it was incredible! I'd seen it before but it was so  amazing to see it again. Especially because I knew how much my mum wanted to see it and how excited she was. It was incredible the first time I saw it, but it was even better the second time around. I love it, it's such an amazing show. And yes before you ask I spent most of the show in tears, because of course I did!

Sorry this is so late, for some reason I thought I'd already posted this, but obviously not. What were your September Favourites? She asks halfway through October! Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - and pinterest for updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins