Sunday 25 October 2015

The Weekly Round Up #5: Fleur De Force's Make Up Range, Grace and Frankie &The Girl on theTrain




Fleur De Force Make Up Line - available exclusively at feelunique.com

Last week I made a feel unique order specifically so I could try out some of Fleur De Force's new make up line, and I have to say I am a fan. The collection consists of two eyeshadow quads - Lunar Rose & Cosmic Bronze - and 6 lip glosses, I picked up the shades Lucky Star and Starry Starry Night. I'm not usually a lipgloss fan, but the glosses are more like a high shine liquid lipstick than a traditional gloss and the eyeshadows are finely milled and butter-y soft in texture. I really like the collection and will be doing a proper review soon so keep an eye out for that.


The Girl on the Train - £6.00 for hardcover or £5.70 for kindle from Amazon

Tipped as this years Gone Girl, The Girl on the Train tells the story of Rachel, who looks out on a couple, who she has named Jess and Jason, everyday on her way into London. Without ever meeting them she has created a fantasy life for them, but one day Rachel witnesses something that changes everything, and gives her a way into their lives. A gripping thriller, with some shocking twists and turns that you just won't see coming. I was hooked and finished it in a couple of days. It's perfect for curling up with on a cold winter night.



Steve Madden Leather Satchel - £22 from T.K. Maxx (not online, you can find similar here)

I've been looking for a smaller handbag for ages, to stop me from carrying everything and the kitchen sink around with me. When I spotted this leather fringed satchel in T.K. Maxx (my happy place, read more about that here) it was love at first sight and I had to have it.  It's made of textured leather so won't mark easily, is a decent size so I can fit all my bits and bobs in and the fringing and gold hardware is gorgeous and so on trend for Autumn/Winter. But the very best part is it cost a bargainous £22. I love it. 


Grace and Frankie - on Netflix

After finishing Orange is the New Black I was left at a bit of a loss as to what to watch next, even though my to watch list (I like love lists! I have one for everything!) is a mile long, when my best friend Jade recommended Grace and Frankie. So I watched the first episode and I was hooked, and then watched 8 episodes in one day. Created by Marta Kaufman - one of the creators of Friends! - Grace and Frankie is about two 70 year old women, Grace and Frankie, whose husbands of 40 years leave them for each other. With no other choice Grace and Frankie, who've never really liked each other, are forced to move in together and try to help each other rebuild their lives. It's really funny and quite moving at times. I really loved it and can't wait for the next season to come on Netflix.

What have you been loving this week? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest  for regular updates.

Love love love xxx


*Disclaimer* All images except that of Grace and Frankie are owned by myself. I do not own the image of Grace and Frankie. Image used for entertainment purposes only. Images Via


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins