Tuesday 8 December 2015

Almond Milk Hot Chocolate Recipe




Tis the season to drink hot chocolate, lots and lots of hot chocolate. Now I have become something of a hot chocolate connoisseur over the years and have finally perfected my recipe, so I thought I'd share it with you lovely people because it's seriously yummy and I'm a sharer.  If any of you have tried the Caramel Hot Chocolate from Costa, which is my fave just fyi, this is kinda like that but made with almond milk instead of regular milk.

So to get started you will need:

Drinking Chocolate - about 21/2 tablespoons
Almond Milk - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 teaspoon
2 x Caramel Nibbles or 2 pieces of Caramel Chocolate
Marshamallows - I like the giant ones but mini ones are fine.


1. Measure out your almond milk by filling a mug about two thirds of the way up, allow room for frothing & more importantly marshmallows.

2. Pour the milk into a saucepan and heat on a medium heat for 2 - 4 minutes, or until hot & frothy.

3. Stir in your drinking chocolate and sugar until dissolved. Side note: Hot chocolate tends to clump so keep stirring until most of it's gone and then use a tea strainer to get rid of any lumps.

4. Pour into your mug of choice.

5. This is the best bit! Add you caramel nibbles to your hot chocolate, they'll melt in the heat and make it all caramel-y and amazing. Add your marshmallows.

6. Enjoy. Because it's delicious and awesome.

This is my favourite hot chocolate recipe. Let me know if you try it and what you think by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for updates.

Love love love xxx

P.S. Sorry my posts have been a bit later in the day these past couple of weeks guys. I've been a bit disorganised lately but things are slowly getting back to normal. Thanks for sticking with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins