Sunday 13 December 2015

The Weekly Round Up #7: Balms Away, Olivia Palermo for Ciaté, Fighting Talk & (almost) finishing my Christmas Shopping






Hi Guys! Another week, another weekly round up. I'm getting so excited for Christmas.  After a lot of drama the Christmas tree is up, Christmas songs are pretty much on repeat and my Christmas shopping is (almost) done. Christmas, let's be having ya. BUT before I get too excited and things escalate into a toddler style meltdown - it's happened once, it can happen again - let's round up this week shall we?

On one of my weekly trips into T.K. Maxx - seriously guys if you're a beauty lover and you're not checking out the beauty aisles in T.K. Maxx you need to change that because you're missing out! - I discovered two bargain beauty buys that I just couldn't wait to share with you lovely lot. Who  doesn't love a bargain?


Hutch by Olivia Palermo X Ciaté - £6.99 in store at T.K. Maxx

Olivia Palermo's first Ciaté collection was big news in the beauty blogging community this summer but at £17.99, a price even I deem too expensive for nail polish, it's not exactly the cheapest of beasts. But after spotting it in T.K. Maxx, a whopping £10 cheaper, than the retail price it seemed like it was meant to be and in o my basket it went. Hutch, described as Palermo's 'go to red', is absolutely gorgeous. A classic pillar box red that screams sophistication, with a fabulous formula. Everything about this polish, from the stunning white & gold packaging to the weighted gold handle of the brush exudes pure luxury. Obviously I now have my beady little eye on the other colours in the collection, if they're half as nice as Hutch I'm sure they'll be making their merry way into my possession soon.

The Balm Balms Away Eye Make Up Break Up - £4.00 in store at T.K Maxx

Usually retailing at £15.50 this was another absolute steal at just £4.00. A paraffin based eye make up
remover, it has a vaseline like texture that breaks down even the most waterproof of waterproof mascara and gets rid of all traces of eye make up. I don't know about you but I really don't like taking my eye make up off, I have really sensitive eyes - thank you hayfever! >:| - so I have to be really careful with what I use on them in case I have a bad reaction. This is really gentle but effective, it makes eye make up removal  really quick and easy. You just massage a pea sized amount onto closed eyes in circular motions for about thirty seconds and wipe away with cotton wool. Done. Not only is the product great but the packaging is adorable. A cute, vintage style tin that makes me smiley all over my face. I love when stuff comes in nice packaging, it makes me so happy.

Fight Song by Rachel Platten  - listen to it here

Lately things haven't been great, they're getting better but still not great. As embarrassing as this is to share on the internet I'd prefer to be honest with you than act like everything's hunky dory when it isn't. One thing that really makes me feel better is music and Rachel Platten's Fight Song has been my go to song for months now. It makes me feel like I can take on the world and it's a genuinely amazing song. What more could you want?

Don't Cry by Guns N Roses - listen to it here

Another song I've been listening to when I'm sad is Guns N Roses Don't Cry. In my misspent, angsty teenage years I loved Guns N Roses, and this song has always been one of my favourites. I love it.

So like I said I've almost finished my Christmas shopping and honestly I'm a little bit in shock, this never happens to me. Normally I'm elbow deep in the crowds, searching for presents on Christmas Eve but not this year! How exciting! On that note I was wondering if any of you would be interested in some last minute gift guides this week? Let me know, all contact details are below.

I hope you guys have had a nice week and are getting excited for Christmas. Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.


Love love love xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins