Sunday 10 January 2016

The Weekly Round Up #8: Sherlock, Unicorns, Costa Dates & The First Week of a Brand New Year


WHAT? 2 POSTS IN ONE DAY?! I hear you cry out in barely contained disbelief, well.. not really. I missed a post this week and it really irritated me so I thought I'd post my Weekly Round Up as well. Hope you don't mind. Anyway I cannot believe we are at the end of the first week of 2016 already. Before we know it the Christmas decorations will be going up and we'll be doing this all over again, and again, and again, etc. Anyway let's round up the week shall we?

Sherlock - streaming on netflix 

After the latest episode of Sherlock aired last Friday I've been chomping at the bit for the next series, but there are approximately 356 more days until series 4 will be aired in the UK. So I've been binge watching the first 3 seasons. I haven't watched it in so long I forgot how good it is. The writing is incredible; funny and ridiculously clever, and the acting is superb, plus you know Benedict Cumberbatch is incredibly easy on the eyes. The first 2 seasons are on netflix and definitely worth spending a weekend watching if you haven't seen it. 

Unicorn Slippers - £7.00 from newlook.com

Among my Christmas presents were the most fabulous pair of Unicorn Slippers. They are ridiculous, fabulous, magical and oh so snugly and comfy and cozy and all the good things. I'm wearing them right now and they make me so happy, who knew slippers could be so amazing?! Well more amazing than they already are? 

After 12 days off I'm now back at work full time and trying to be a grown up about it. Honestly when will I be paid for just being my fabulous self?! I do really miss no make up days and lay ins and wearing comfies and slippers all day, regular clothes are no where near as cosy! But I do want to go travelling this year and need all the money I can get. I did also go on a Costa Date with my lovely cousin Gemma, who is just as make up obsessed as I am. Any who she's expecting a baby and ready to pop any day now. We had a catch up over caramel hot chocolates and cake, it was so nice to see her (and her Z palette with her collection of make up geek shadows in) and have a proper chinwag, before she has her hands full with the bubba.

How was your first week of 2016? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins