Thursday 17 March 2016

High End Haul










Another haul post?! I hear you cry out in barely contained disbelief! The only excuse I have is that lately I've been feeling kinda spendy, way more than usual, which is really bad because I'm trying so hard to save up to go travelling. I was doing okay but then I went online and my bank card took a bit of a walloping. So do you guys wanna see what I got? Silly question OF COURSE YOU DO!

MAC Matte Lipstick in Mehr - £15.50 from MAC

Or what is now known as my new favourite lipstick. Mehr has become a highly sought after Mac classic recently and I can see why. It turns my eyes into hearts because it is glorious! A plummy, tawny pink that is beautiful AND incredibly versatile. It's one of the most neutral shades I own, it's a my lips but better kinda colour, but I've been really feeling neutrals lately and I'm obsessed with Mehr. The formulation is good; creamy with a matte finish that has some serious staying power. It's slightly drying on the lips, nothing a slick oflipbalm  beforehand can't fix, but not at all uncomfortable to wear. Oh I just love it so much!

MAC Lip Pencil in Soar - £12.50 from MAC

Soar might actually be the most sought after lip liner on the market right now, and I really don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that. It's something to do with one of the Jenners. Anyway there has been a HUGE amount of hype surrounding this particular lip pencil. Now I'm not normally a lip liner kinda girl but I can totally see what all the fuss is about. Soar is a rosy, plummy nude that is not too drying on the lips and applies beautifully. It makes an excellent base for any neutral lip but it matches Mehr perfectly, the two have become my go to everyday lip combination. Together they have some serious lasting power and quite honestly they were made for each other.

 Urban Decay Naked Pallet - £38.50 from Urban Decay

I finally, FINALLY, picked up the original Naked Pallet. Over the years I've been making do with some pretty spot on dupes, I'm looking at you W7 In The Buff: Lightly Toasted pallet,  but I've been showing my Naked 2 a lot of love lately and thought it was really about time that the original made it's way into my collection. The shadows are stunning! Buttery soft, easily blendable, well pigmented with no fall out whatsoever. I'm only annoyed it took me so long to buy it, the hype around it is there for a reason. My only teeny tiny bugbear is the fuzzy packaging which, we can all agree, is a bit pants and is going to get dirty, and stay dirty, super quickly.

Gwen Stefani x Urban Decay Blush Pallet - £35.00 from Urban Decay

The beauty blogging community has been going mad for Gwen Stefani's latest collection with Urban Decay and I can totally see why. Obviously it's because Gwen Stefani is a total Icon and Queen of Everything, but also because the entire range is stunning! After spending a ridiculous amount of time on the UD website I knew I had to have this pallet, so into my basket it went. The pallet is made up of 6 shades, with a nice mix of peachy and pink tones, all housed in seriously gorgeous packaging (#thatpackagingthough). It is amazingly versatile with 2 of the shades doubling up as bronzers and 3 of them as highlighters. The shade range is beautiful but the powders themselves are just as lovely; finely milled, smooth, blendable and SUPER pigmented. I can't actually fault them.
Although I will say that this pallet was definitely made with paler skinned peeps in mind, so if you're one of the lucky ones blessed with an olive complexion, or a skin tone darker than pale, then you may want to give this a miss. I, however, am the palest of them all so this pallet really works for me. I've used it so much already.

What have been splurging your pennies on lately? Let me know in the comments below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

1 comment:

Latest pins