Tuesday 15 March 2016

A Massive Avon Haul

L-R: Avon Gel Shine in Moondust, Avon Gel Finish in Alaska, Avon Gel Shine in Lavendar Sky & Avon Nailwear Pro + in Lavished Blue



Swatches L-R: Raspberry Rush, Splendidly Fuchsia, Ravishing Rose, Adoring Love




If you're anything like me then you'll have a ton of misconceptions about Avon, and you won't be too good at keeping your balance either. I was kinda under the impression that Avon was a bit old and well... irrelevant. Now I don't need to tell you how stupid that was! For someone who loves make up as much as I do you'd think I would've learned to never judge a product by it's brand by now but apparently not. Anywho after having a flick through a catalogue I stumbled across at home I was suitably impressed, and then a haul happened. Because obviously, this is a haul post. So do you wanna see what I got? 

Avon Gel Finish & Nail Prowear + Nail Enamel - £7.00/£6.00 from Avon

I may have gone a little bit overboard on the nail polish, but in my defence they were on offer,  so they were ridiculously cheap and they're lovely. I picked up the shades Moondust -  a pale grey, Alaska - a muted mint green, Lavender Sky - a blue toned lilac and Lavished Blue - a metallic navy blue and they make me go all heart eyed. The formulation is really good: thick, creamy but easily workable, with a reasonable wear time and opaque in just one coat. I like them a lot.

Avon Ultra Colour Lip Crayon in Raspberry Rush & Avon Perfectly Matte Lipstick in Ravishing Rose, Adoring Love & Splendidly Fuchsia (sample size) - £5.75/£5.00 (on offer, full size) from Avon

The Lip Crayon is my absolute favourite purchase! Simply put it is gorgeous and was an absolute bargain. The colour is stunning - right in my berry pink loving wheelhouse - with a satin finish. It's nicely pigmented, lasts nicely and feels really nourishing on the lips, it even fades into a nice even stain. It's a great lipstick. The Avon Perfectly Matte Lipsticks are a new release so I picked up 3 of the sample sizes for £1, but I will definitely be getting the full size versions on my next order. The finish is super matte and really long lasting but they are so comfortable to wear and not at all drying. My favourite is Ravishing Rose which is somewhere between a fuchsia and a red but is completely gorgeous. But seriously I love them all. 

Advance Techniques 360 Morrocan Argan Oil Shampoo, Conditoner & Serum - £1.60 /£2.99 (on offer) from Avon

These are all repurchases as I've tried them before and I loved them. The serum is the best serum I've ever come across. It is amazing! It's a nourishing, conditioning, frizz taming wonder in a bottle. The shampoo and conditioner are also good. They leave my hair feeling really soft and smooth and give my dry, frazzled ends a much needed hydration boost. But like I said the serum is the real star.

Clearskin Range - from £2.10 (on offer) from Avon

Normally I avoid skincare specifically designed for blackhead prone skin, I know this doesn't make a lot of sense for someone who's main issue is blackheads, but the majority are designed for oily skin, which I don't have (... it's weird I know), and are really stripping on my skin, which tends towards the drier more sensitive side of things. But after a quick google search and a load of very positive reviews and testimonials I was convinced and decided to give most of the Clearskin line a go. I haven't given everything a proper test so I'll hold out on giving my opinion just yet. But so far so good.

Everything I've tried so far has really impressed me, so I really recommend having a flick through the next catalogue that comes through your door. If you're in the Stevenage area and fancy picking up a few bargains then Carly, my avon lady, - yeah we're on a first name basis! - is an absolute babe.  You can find her on instagram &  facebook, her online store here, or give her a ring on 07584901032.

What are your favourite Avon products? Let me know in the comments below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins