Sunday 29 May 2016

Anna & Lily's Cult Beauty Box






When Anna and Lily announced their collaboration with Cult Beauty I was excited, like really excited. I've been a fan of theirs for a couple of years now, they were the first youtubers I really fangirled over, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on a box. Anna and Lily personally picked the products to go inside and even had a hand in the design of the box, which explains the marble and gold.  So, to answer the question on everyone's lips, what's in the box?! 

The Wet Brush I was a bit dubious when it came to The Wet Brush. It takes a very special brush to get through my tangled curls without bringing a tear to my eye, cramp to my hand and the thought that dreadlocks are a great idea. This, ladies and gentlemen, is that very special brush. It glides through  my knotty hair, without pulling at all, it's so gentle and is the only brush I've come across that actually manages to tame my mad mane of curls. It's so good, I'm gonna get one for my 5 year old niece, who has been cursed with my hair, poor thing. 

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Black Liquid eyeliner is a make up bag essential. Personally I think there's nothing better than a really good liquid eyeliner and Stila's waterproof offering is awesome. It really does stay in place all day. It has a long, impossibly thin, firm brush that makes for really easy application and is perfect for creating anything from dramatic feline flicks to more subtle looks. I'm so impressed with it. 

Yu Ling Jade Facial Roller This one came as a bit of a shock to me, because I like it so much more than I was expecting too. The roller is made of pure jade, and is very cooling on the skin, especially if it's kept in the fridge, AND it has a laundry list of skincare benefits when used regularly, just some of which are: firming/plumping the skin, toning muscle, increasing blood flow, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and decreasing puffiness/bloating. Apparently it can even be used to soothe sore hay fever eyes - which I get ALL the time - ease migraines and tension headaches, plus it feels AMAZING on the skin. 

Becca Backlight Priming Filter This is one of the travel sizes, and is adorable, who doesn't love travel minis?! I've used this a few times and boy does it pack a punch in the glow department. It has a really nice and light, non-greasy texture, it's absorbed really quickly into the skin leaving a lit from within glow. I've used this a few times and I really love the finish of it. I think a purchase of the full size might be in order...

Sunday Riley Luna Oil This was my favourite thing in the box, the cutest half size miniature of Sunday Riley's Luna Oil, a product so awesome that it's reached the dizzying heights of cult status since its release. I'd been dying to try this for ages, but at an eye watering £85 I just couldn't justify it. Now that I've tried it, I'm smitten! - and dreading the day when I run out of the stuff! £85... ouch! - Luna is a blue tinted Vitamin A night time treatment with retinol and blue tansy. It claims to fight signs of ageing, repair damaged skin, reduce the size/appearance of pores and protect the skin from environmental factors. It feels incredible when massaged into the skin, is so hydrating and the fact that it's blue, my favourite colour, is awesome!  I've been using it every other night and have definitely noticed an improvement in the condition of my skin. The one thing I don't like is the scent, it smells like porridge and lavender, which is a weird combination, but other than that I really, really love it! Damn! 

Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel So I may have jumped the gun a bit when I said Luna was my favourite thing in the box, because I bloody love this! I'd heard a ton of good things about Oskia's Renaissance Cleansing Gel, mostly from Anna and Lily, but I can totally see what all the fuss is about. It's amazing! It's a pale pink gel-to-oil cleanser with a light, refreshing rosy scent to it. When the gel is applied it breaks down in to an oil that just melts into the skin, removing make up and dirt really quickly and gently, leaving my skin feeling clean, soft and radiant looking. It's suitable for all skin types but claims to be really good for dry, sensitive and damaged skin. It also helps to reduce the appearance of acne, scarring and pigmentation, due to pumpkin enzymes and MSM that calm and soothe inflamed skin. Personally I love it. It's been my go to cleanser and my skin is really thanking me for it. 

Pixi by Petra Hydrating Mist Another favourite, after spotting this in the box I've been using it pretty much everyday and always have it in my bag.  Pixi's skincare has been creating a bit of a splash in the beauty world lately, and if this facial mist is anything to go by, I can totally see why. This stuff is really, really good. It offers a fine, feather light layer of moisture that gives my skin a much needed burst of hydration. It can be used in place of a toner and feels really refreshing and cooling on the skin. It's such a lovely little product. Love it. 

I have to say that I was so impressed with the contents of this box, I've got a bit of a love/hate relationship with beauty boxes,  I think everyone does, normally I'll only like one or two products in the box and that's it, but this is so not the case with Anna & Lily's one. I genuinely loved everything in there, especially all the lovely skincare bits. 

The box retails for £85, now initially the price really put me off, £85 is a LOT of money. BUT when you consider the quality of the box, and the fact that you save a staggering 43%, it's actually amazing value for money. Unfortunately the waitlist is now closed and the boxes are no longer available to buy. But you can register on the Cult Beauty website here to be in with the chance of winning 1 of 5 boxes. I definitely would if I were you. 

Did you manage to get your hands on Anna & Lily's Cult Beauty Box yet? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins