Wednesday 4 May 2016

My Favourite Youtube Channels


My name is Lauren and I am addicted to Youtube! If you've been following my blog for any amount of time, you'll know this. Youtube is a major obsession of mine. I spend pretty much all of my free time on there, surfing for hours on end, discovering new creators and binge watching the content of those I already love. Whittling my favourites down to just 12 was a nightmare! But I've done it, just for you. (Side note: I was going to organise them by categories BUT there wasn't an even number in each one, which annoyed me, so it's a youtube free for all!)

Fleur De Force & Fleur De Vlog

Fleur gives me ALL the life goals. ALL OF THEM! Fleur has it all (in my opinion) but oh my god does she work hard for it. I watch her channels religiously, and most of the time I'm just in awe of how someone can do so much! If you've ever watched her daily vlogs then you'll know exactly what I mean! She does not stop. Her videos are amazing, beautifully edited and she seems so nice. Love her.

Vivianna Does Make Up

When I first started getting into youtube about 3 years ago, Anna (and Lily) was one of the first beauty youtubers I started watching. Anna's kind of like the internet's best friend, she's a total sweetheart and always gives her honest opinion. I really trust her recommendations and I just love her. She's so awesome. 

Lily Pebbles

I love Lily's channel for a lot of the same reasons I love Anna's, it makes sense seeing that they're blogger besties, she's really open and honest and she really seems to care about her audience and the content she creates for them. I feel like if I ever met Lily I would be super intimidated because she is so cool.

Sorted Food

Little known fact about me, I hate cooking. It stresses me out and more often than not I'll get the timings wrong and something will be burnt, and on occasion stuff catches fire (no I'm not joking). Having said that I love food and I love, love, love watching other people cook. Sorted Food has been one of my favourite youtube channels for the past couple of years for this very reason. They make cooking seem so easy (it isn't), the food they make is incredible and their videos are hilarious. Plus you know Mike is incredibly easy on the eye. 


Carrie's videos appeal to the massive theatre nerd in me because I absolutely love getting to see all the behind the scenes theatre stuff. It's so fascinating to me. Plus Carrie is such a positive, happy, sweetheart of a person. Love. Her. 


Speaking of theatre nerdyiness Broadway.com's youtube channel has become a recent obsession of mine due to all the amazing behind the scenes stuff that they upload. I love the vlogs for specific shows - I recently watched the vlogs for School of Rock and Finding Neverland and I loved them! -  I love to watch the rehearsals and I super love the live performances. This is a definite must watch for theatre lovers because it's awesome. 

Jenna Marbles

Jenna is a fairly recent YouTube discovery of mine, though not for the rest of the world, but she's already one of my faves because she's hilarious! She is a total bad ass! She's hysterically funny, really honest, is never afraid to give her opinion and gives me all the hair goals. Obsessed! 


Sammi is another effortlessly cool, bad ass chick! I don't watch her videos religiously but I do sit down and binge watch them every week. She's another really hard worker, having her own label with her fiancé Jason, on top of everything else she does. But her videos are always really good. She's very sweet and funny and has the most incredible fashion sense. Like seriously, I have a bit of a major style crush going on. 

Rhett & Link might (whisper it) be my favourite internetainers ever! Their videos are incredible. they are funny and super interesting. Whether they're trying weird food or talking about random stuff they're videos are always so funny and some of my favourite things on the Internet. 

My Buzzfeed obsession started with The Try Guys, and then quickly escalated wildly out of my control. Their channels (Buzzfeed, Buzzfeed Blue, Buzzfeed Violet, Buzzfeed Yellow, Buzzfeed FoodTasty and After Party) are ALL awesome. The problem is I can't just watch just one, I click on one and then a ton of other awesome stuff comes up and before I know it I've fallen into a 6 hour long YouTube vortex of amazingness. My favourites are Try Guys, Hunger Squad and Misheard Lyrics. But I seriously love it.

The Vlog Brothers

Hank and John Green are kinda like youtube's really cool dad and uncle. Their videos are incredible. Seriously. They are fascinating, informative and actually can and have done some good in the world. I also love how very connected they are with their audience Nerdfighteria. 

It took me a really long time to write this post because I kept having to stop for youtube breaks. Now I know I've mentioned a load of these channels a ton of times before but it's because they're amazing and I still love them! That being said all recommendations are welcome! I'm always on the look out for more to watch so who are your favourite youtubers? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins