Thursday 9 June 2016

FEARLESS: Taking Baby Steps



Another 2 months have just flown by and it's time to report back how I'm getting on with my Fearless challenge. Let's get the bad news out of the way first, so we can get to the good stuff, because there is some good stuff.

I'm not currently learning to drive. I'm waiting for my replacement provisional license to arrive, but once it does I'll be booking some lessons, and getting out on the open road. The prospect is scary, but it's time. I need to drive, it would make life so much easier. 

I'm also not attending the gym regularly, it's on my to do list, but I am doing something far more scary! I'm taking a class with a friend from work, not just any class. A pole fitness class, and I'm really bad at it. I've got no upper body strength, the core strength of a bowl of jelly, I'm really not very good at keeping my balance and I need extra help from the teacher. BUT I'm still going. And I'm really enjoying it. I ache so bad for a couple of days afterwards and I'm covered in bruises, but they feel like an accomplishment. Like I'm doing something good. The course is only for 4 weeks and I'm already half way through but me and my friend have both said that we would like to carry on after, and I feel like this is something I want to pursue. I'd like to be good at it. So I'm trying.


This was me attempting to do a forearm stand in my first lesson. It was so scary!

Now on to my next good thing. I've recently decided to go part time at work so I can focus solely on my blog. My mum did want me to quit cold turkey, so I dedicate all my time to blogging, which  would love to do in the near future, but at the moment I feel like I need the security of regular pay behind me. That does mean that I'll be making some changes to my blog and will be posting more regularly. I'm also hoping to get my first youtube video filmed and uploaded soon, but you guys will be the first people to know about that.

So that's what I've been up to, there's been some progress in some places and not as much in others, but I've realised that I need to change the way I approach my Fearless challenges. I think my main problem is I bite off more than I can chew, I take on more than I can actually handle, and then find it really intimidating. From now on I'll be taking baby steps until I feel more confident in myself. Obviously I'll be keeping you lot posted. I'm not going to be setting a challenge for myself for June & July, although I would like to go back to Slimming World this month, instead I'm going to focus on adding more to my pile of good things, and see where I go from there.

Wish me luck!

Love love love xxx

P.S If you want to read my first two FEARLESS posts you can here and here. Let me know what you've  been up to by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

2 comments:

Latest pins