Tuesday 14 June 2016

La Roche Posay 50+ Antihelios XL Ultra-Light Fluid Review



Now that I'm the wrong side of 25 (Gulp!) I'm super conscious of premature ageing. I've already got a couple of grey hairs going on, and I do not want my skin to look old before it's time, thank you very much. It's so important to protect your skin from the sun, not only to prevent photo-ageing (premature ageing caused by the sun) but, more importantly, to reduce the risk of skin cancer. This is something that never really occurred to me when I was younger. I thought that because I didn't really catch the sun it wouldn't have an impact, WRONG!, and it's something that I've become so much more aware of as I've got older. Being a lighter shade of pale, as well, my skin is very sensitive to the sun and it's damaging effects.

BUT here we reach a catch 22. A lot of sunscreens, even facial sunscreens, can block pores, causing spots and blackheads to form. I suffer with acne, I don't need to give my skin the excuse to breakout, because believe me it will take it. Enter La Roche Posay Anthelios XL 50 + Ultra-Light Fluid. This sunscreen is the bee's knees! Designed specifically for the face, it has a light, non-greasy, fast-absorbing formula that forms an invisible, protective barrier between the skin and the sun, protecting the skin from UVA and UVB rays, and preventing signs of early ageing.  And the best part, it does all this without clogging pores and causing breakouts. Plus it dries down really quickly, leaving a barely there, matte finish, making it a perfect base for make up.

I've been slapping this stuff on to my chops whenever we've had some sunshine and I've noticed that my skin doesn't go red, I haven't been burning across my nose and cheeks AND there have been no breakouts. Yay! It's so good.

Any sunscreen recommendations for me? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins