Saturday 4 June 2016

Urban Decay's Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass Palette Review






Tcelebrate the long awaited release of Disney's Alice Through The Looking Glass. Disney have teamed up with the purveyor of cult eyeshadow palettes, Urban Decay, to create one of the most beautiful collections I've ever seen. Now when I saw what was in the collection I was beyond excited. I'm a HUGE fan of Alice in Wonderland, it's one of my favourite childhood books and I was OBSESSED with the first film! So you can imagine how eager I was to get my hands on it. 

The collection is made up of a stunning eyeshadow palette and 5 unusual, but incredibly beautiful lipsticks. The lipsticks were all sold out, annoyingly, but I did manage to get a palette into my basket before they'd all gone. After testing it out for the past couple of weeks I'm finally ready to give my verdict, and, SPOILER ALERT, it is good! 

First of all we need to talk about the packaging, - that packaging though! - because it is the most beautiful packaging I think I've ever seen. Featuring a kaleidoscope pattern, psychedelic roses, quotes from the book and film, and a stunning pop-up butterfly, as well as a good sized mirror, it is very much in keeping with all the whimsical and wonderful weirdness of the film, whilst also being absolutely gorgeous. Like, seriously! It's amazing. 

So now on to the shadows themselves. Urban Decay are known for their awesome eyeshadow palettes, the Naked palette anyone?, and this one is no exception. The palette has 20 shadows, with everything from earthy toned neutrals to bright and bold statement colours, with both matte and shimmery finishes.  Each column is themed around a specific character in the film: Alice, the Mad Hatter, Mirana (the White Queen), Iracebeth (the Red Queen) and Time. Alice's column has three peachy toned neutrals and a sky blue, reminiscent of her iconic blue dress. The Mad Hatter's has an emerald green, a dark, smokey purple, a bright orange and a dark fuchsia. Mirana has four earthy neutrals with a shimmery white, that works perfectly as a highlighter shade. Iracebeth has much brighter tones: a gorgeous icy turquoise, a royal blue, a deep rusty red (one of my faves) and a peachy nude. Time is the darkest column, with a deep, dark navy, a light, purple-y grey glitter, a rich chocolate-y bronze and a gun metal grey. The colours are beautiful and vibrant and the quality of the shadows is insanely good! I would expect nothing less of UD. They're finely milled, buttery-soft, easy to blend and, for such bright colours, surprisingly wearable. I've swatched my favourites below, from left to right they are Kingdom - a shimmery orange-bronze, Salazen Grum - a glittery ruby red, Chronospher - a toasted bronze, Dream On - a glittery lilac and Mirror - a dark silver. 



You can see from the swatches that they apply beautifully, with very little fall out and have excellent colour pay-off. It's amazing! and has quickly become one of my go to eyeshadow palettes. Seriously, I'm so in love with it and strongly recommend picking it up, if you still can, if you love to experiment with bright, bold statement eyeshadow looks. Sadly the collection is completely out of stock everywhere online, but may still be available in store at Urban Decay stockists. Find out more here and here.

Have you tried UD's Alice in Wonderland palette? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.


Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins