Tuesday 21 June 2016

What's In Their Make Up Bag? #1: Gemma







As part of a new series I've been having a peek in to the make up bags of my nearest and dearest and sharing what I found there with you lovely lot. So I thought the best person to start with was my cousin/mate and fellow beauty addict Gemma. Me and Gemma are only 9 months apart, but we're completely different. She's a new mum to one of the most beautiful babies to ever exist, I'm so immature I might as well be a baby myself. One thing we do have in common though is a pretty serious, and spendy, beauty habit and a complete inability to say no when it comes to eyeshadow palettes. And seriously though her make up collection puts mine to shame, she has more eyeshadow palettes than you could shake a stick at. Speaking of...

MAC Warm Neutral x 15 Eyeshadow Palette - £49.50 from MAC

 I love eyeshadow palettes, my newest one is always my favourite until I get another one. This is my current favourite. It has everything I need to create a bold, warm smokey eye and something more subtle. The shadows are soft and have really nice colour pay off. There isn't a lot of fall out and the shade range is perfect. It's gorgeous. 


Lauren: I recently bought this palette and I agree it's A-MAY-Zing! Read more about it here

MAC Prep & Prime Fix + - £17.00 for 100ml from MAC

I rarely use the Prep & Prime spray to set my face, but it is awesome for setting eye make up! I like to spray it on to my brush, before dipping into eyeshadow, because it makes the colours brighter and more vibrant, and makes my eyeshadow last ages. 

MAC Pro Longwear Paint Box Painterly - £16.00 from MAC

Another MAC product, I love MAC, - Lauren: She really does! - Painterly is the best eyeshadow primer. Seriously, it is the best thing to prime the lids with, I use it everytime I go out. I still use Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion but only if doing my eyes for the fun of it. If I'm going out I always use Painterly, a swipe of this across my eyelids and my smokey eye isn't going anywhere.

George Precision Felt Tip Liner £2.00 in-store from Asda

I picked this up on a whim in Asda, and I was really impressed. It has a fine felt tip and a decent formula. It's really pigmented and it lasts a really long time. 

Natural Collection Pressed Powder Warm £1.99 from Boots

For years I used Rimmel's Lasting Finish  Powder, but I ran out and when I went to get more in Boots and, they had run out. I picked this one up instead. I actually prefer it to Rimmel Lasting Finish powder, it's a lovely colour match and has a light, soft texture, and it's really cheap. 

Maybelline Lash Sensational Lash Multiplying Mascara - £7.99 from Boots

I have very long eyelashes - Lauren: She does! I'm so jealous - and I love Maybelline's Lash Sensational to add volume to my lashes. It has a really good formula, and the rubber brush does a bit of everything; lengthens, defines and volumises. It's really good. 

What's in your make up bag? Any recommendations for me? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins