Thursday 7 July 2016

June Favourites 2016







We're now more than halfway through the year. How on Earth has that happened? I know, I know I do this every month, but seriously though! Anyway let's talk June Favourites shall we? Be warned I had a lot, so things will be getting long and rambly.

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner - £13.00 from Boots

I'm so glad this eyeliner came into my life, via the box of joy that was Anna & Lily's Cult Beauty Box, because it's incredible. It has a fine nib that makes for really clean and precise application. Plus it has an amazing formula. Oh. Em. Gee! This stuff is seriously good: blacker than black, waterproof, long lasting and not a pain in the ass to remove! It's a fantastic all rounder, that makes winging my eyeliner an absolute breeze. I'm obsessed with it.

Primark PS Velvet Matte Lipstick Crayon in Nude - £2.00 from Primark

I've said it before, and I'll probably/definitely say it again, Primark's make up range is super impressive for such a low price point. This lip crayon is another gem in their collection. The formulation is creamy and buttery soft, it applies effortlessly and it doesn't dry out the lips at all. It also has really good colour pay off and the colour itself is so nice! It's a tawny, pinky nude that's similar in tone to MAC's Mehr, which is a firm favourite of mine, and at only £2.00 it's a total bargain.

Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Foundation - £5.99 from Boots

I'll be doing drugstore/high street week on my blog in the next couple of weeks or so, and have been testing out a ton of new foundations from the high street to prepare. This one has really stood out for me. I've been reaching for it on an every other daily basis, because it's a really nice foundation, with great coverage and a nice finish, matte but with a fresh, lit from within radiance to it. I like it a lot.

Simple Micellar Water - £3.00 for 200ml from Tesco

For a long time I was an avid user of Garnier's Micellar Water, but I was really put off after noticing that it had a nasty chemical smell to it. I'd heard universally good things about Simple's offering so I thought it was definitely worth a try. It was, because it's the best micellar water that I've come across. It leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed and removes all traces of make up absolutely effortlessly. Love. It.

Real Techniques Multi-Task Brush - part of the Travel Essentials Kit £11.51 from Amazon

Most of my make up brushes are Real Techniques because they're amazing quality, affordable and stand the test of time. Thinking about it I might have pretty much the entire core collection, although don't quote me on it. The Multi-Task brush is one I've had for a while but only recently used, and of course I love it. It's a large fluffy brush designed specifically to be used with powder products. Personally I love using it for blusher, as it is just the right size for my chubby cheeks, but it's also really good for setting powder or bronzer. Like all RT brushes it washes really nicely, is cruelty free, super soft, and like all the RT brushes I've tried before it, I love it.

Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain in 001 Honey - £7.99 from Boots

I've been loving nude lips this month, I always tend towards nudes in the summer time because they're so effortless to wear but still give your lips a little somethin' somethin'. This is a repurchase, I first had it a couple of years ago, used it all up, and then forgot all about it. Then I got it in an awesome free gift with purchase from Revlon, and fell completely back in love with it. It applies beautifully, is nicely pigmented, smells like peppermint and feels lovely on the lips, really moisturising, it also has really good staying power. Despite the fact that it's a balm, it doesn't have a lot of slip to it. Despit

La Roche Posay Anthelios XL 50+ Ultra-Light Fluid - £12.37 from Boots

I raved about La Roche Posay's Anthelios facial sunscreen in a recent blog post (read more about it here) and I have become completely obsessed with it. I've been using it religiously, slapping it on my face and neck before putting my make up on to protect my pasty english skin from the sun. It feels lovely to apply, it is actually quite cooling on the skin and ties down to a really matte finish, making it a perfect base for make up

Bullet Journaling

I'm the type of person who can't keep a diary. I love the idea of having a diary to organise my life in, and I always start off really well, but then I get distracted and don't stick to it. Honestly I'm not really organised enough for one. Bullet Journaling is kind of like organisation for the disorganised. Like most of my obsessions this one started on youtube. After watching a ton of BuJo videos, heads up they're super addictive and really satisfying to watch,  I really wanted to start one for myself. What I love about it is how versatile it is. I've been getting down all the things I need to do and I've also been trying to keep track of all my good and bad habits and my finances and stuff like that. It's very much like a diary but better, unlike a diary if there's something else I want to add into my journal all I have to do is the turn the page and make a note of it in the index. I think it's a brilliant system, especially for people like me. Since setting mine up I've found myself being more organised in my day to day life and more motivated to work through my to do list. Plus I'm really enjoying decorating it, that's the best bit.

Boho Berry - on youtube here

This is the youtube channel that got me into Bullet Journaling. Kara's bullet journals are planning and organisational works of art. I can sit and watch her videos for hours, like I said they are so addictive and really satisfying to watch. I've also been really enjoying Carrie Crista's videos for the same reason. Definitely check them out.

Orange is the New Black streaming on Netflix

Okay can we talk about how incredibly sad and current this series was? It was intense but mind blowing and I sobbed, real tears, throughout the the last two episodes, and then for like an hour after. Season 4 was funny, sweet, heartwarming/heartbreaking, devastating and completely addictive. I watched it in 3 days. If you haven't watched this season, or any seasons, of OINTB then you need to get on it now! You won't regret it. Seriously, go!

Absolutely Fabulous streaming on Netflix

I can't wait to see the Ab Fab movie, I'm so excited that I've been re-watching the entire series on Netflix. I haven't watched it in so long that it's like I'm watching it with fresh eyes. I forgot how hysterically funny and ridiculous it is, and how much I love it, and I really do love it. In the words of Edina Monsoon it's fabulous! Sweetie darling! 

Tina Turner - Tina Live Tour CD/DVD £9.99 from Amazon

When it comes to female solo artists Tina Turner is simply the best (tehehe). Seriously though she is amazing. I bought my Dad the CD/DVD of her 2009 Tina Live concert in Holland for Father's Day, and it is so good that after watching it with him, I had to buy it for myself. I love Tina T for 3 reasons. 1. She doesn't have any songs I don't like. 2. She's just amazing in general and 3.  She was in her late 60's when she did the Tina Live tour and she was incredible! She was singing and dancing and throwing herself round the stage like a woman half her age, and she was 68! If that isn't life goals then I don't know what is! I've been listening to the cd pretty much on repeat for the entire month because it is so good! So good! My favourite songs, if you're interested, are: What You Get is What You See, Be Tender with Me Baby, We Don't Need Another Hero & obvs I love the classics like Simply the Best, Proud Mary, Nutbush City Limits & all the others that make me dance around, singing along and thinking YAAAS QUEEN!

What are your June Favourites? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins