Sunday 10 July 2016

Nivea Men's Cooling Sensitive Post Shave Balm as a primer...worth the hype?




There has been a ton of hype surrounding Nivea Men's Cooling Post Shave Balm. Ever since Nikkie, from Nikkietutorials, brought it to the world's attention, it's become one of the most highly sort after primers on the high street. Even being dubbed 'the world's best primer', by the Daily Mail so let's not get too excited. After testing it out for the past 5 weeks I thought that the time was ripe to throw my 2 pence into the mix. With the hope of answering the question, with all this hype surrounding it, is it really worth it? 

In a word... Yes! It's so worth the hype! This stuff is amazing. It's a light weight, non-greasy, liquid balm that is quickly absorbed into the skin. The balm is alcohol free and enriched with Seaweed and Chamomile to gently calm redness and relieve irritation. It doesn't contain any silicon so it doesn't have that plastic-y, silicon feel to it. In fact it feels really nice on the skin, really cooling and soothing, and it dries down almost instantly to a smooth, matte base that's perfect for make up. It has a very masculine scent to it, like a lot of scented products I can see this being a bit of a love/hate thing. Personally I love the way it smells, it's kind of a generic sexy man scent, but I really like it. For those who don't thought, it doesn't stick around very long once it's been rubbed into the skin.

One of the primary ingredients used is glycerine, an ingredient found in most primers. Glycerine makes the skin tacky, but not sticky, so that any make up applied is going to stick around for a while. Since using it I have seen a noticeable increase in my make up's wear time. It keeps everything in place and looking good for ages. All day and well into the night. I've really enjoyed using this product, the only teeny tiny niggle I have with it is the packaging. It's housed in a rather hefty porcelain bottle, which is really not ideal, for travelling or if you're especially clumsy like me. It also doesn't have a pump which means that wastage is a problem, especially when you end up accidentally  spilling half of it all down yourself and onto the floor. Not that I'm speaking from experience...

Now I've read some rave reviews and I've read some really bad reviews of this product and I just think, like everything, this will work or not work for you depending on your skin type. I have very sensitive, sometimes acne prone skin that errs on the drier side of things, so it works really well for me. But for any oily skinned lads or lasses I can't see this working for you. However if you have skin like me, sensitive or normal to dry,  then it will work really well for you. I'm such a big fan of it, it really does work wonders as a primer. Nivea Men's Cooling Post Shave Balm is only £5.35 for 100ml (a fricking steal) from Boots

Have you tried Nivea Men's Cooling Post Shave Balm as a primer? What did you think? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins