Tuesday 30 August 2016

In Flight Beauty: My Skin Care Essentials



This may seem a little OTT, especially as the flight to Bulgaria isn't long, 3 hours if that. But me and my skin have finally reached a tentative truce, it won't break out in billions of juicy cystic spots and blackheads if I treat it right. So for my very short haul flight I wanted to keep my skin happy, well hydrated and protect it from 3 hours of air conditioning, these are all the odds and ends that helped me do that.

Simple Kind to Skin Micellar Cleansing Wipes - £4.19 (currently on offer for 3 for £5) in Boots

The first thing I like to do on a flight is take all my make up off, especially if it's an evening flight, which ours were, there and back. So I needed something that would take all my make up off without me having to faff about with cotton pads and cleansers. Enter Simple's Kind to Skin Micellar Cleansing Wipes. Now I'm really not a big fan of face wipes, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a beauty blogger who is, but these micellar wipes are a whole different ball game. Simple wipes in general are the only face wipes I tend to use, because they are really good, but the micellar ones are my favourite. Soaked in Simple's micellar water, incidentally my favourite high street micellar water, they're alcohol and oil free and really kind on the skin. They're really gentle but remove make up, including waterproof mascara, absolutely effortlessly and leave the skin feeling clean and fresh. I love these. 

Pixi by Petra Hydrating Milky Mist - £18.00 from Cultbeauty

Pixi's Hydrating Milky Mist is one of my favourite facial sprays and an absolute essential when flying. As the mist is essentially a liquid moisturiser I was mainly using it to inject a bit of moisture back into my skin throughout the flight, effectively giving my skin a double dose of hydration to combat the air conditioning. With an ingredients list that boasts black oat, hyaluronic acid and pro-vitamin a to soothe the skin and encourage it to retain moisture, the fine mist is light and refreshing but provides intense hydration, leaving my skin feeling soothed and nourished. Trust me you need this in your travel bag.

REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream -  £28.00 from Ren Skincare

This teeny tiny tube of REN's Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream was an absolute life saver. Formulated specifically for sensitive skin this nifty little moisturiser is quite the multi-tasker. It soothes and calms the skin, protects from irritants and inflammation whilst also moisturising and protecting the skin from free radicals and environmental factors. The light cream is fast absorbing and left my skin feeling nourished and refreshed. I'll definitely be picking up the full size when I run out.

Burt's Bees Refreshing Lip Balm with Pink Grapefruit - £3.69 from Boots

The idea of having to stick my finger into a pot of Carmex becomes really unappealing when I'm on a flight, surrounded by at least 100 other people and their collective germs and bacteria, and the collective germs/bacteria of the hundreds of previous passengers. Luckily Burt and his hive of Bees provide the solution to this problem. Pink Grapefruit is one of my absolute favourite lip balms, because it is super moisturising, smells incredible and comes in a tube so is more hygienic then my beloved pot of Snoopy Carmex.

Garnier Intensive 7 Days Restoring Hand Cream - £2.99 from Superdrug

It's no secret that I have OCD and really struggle with my hands, especially when I'm in situations I'm not exactly comfortable with, like flying for example. When I over do it with washing or hand sanitiser my hands get really dry and sore, this is the only hand cream I've come across that intensely conditions and protects my hands from my hand sanitiser happy ways. It's fast absorbing, so it doesn't leave my mitts feeling greasy, which I absolutely hate, and even lasts after washing. It's fantastic and saves me from myself a little bit.


Speaking of my hands there was absolutely no way I was getting on a plane without my trusty anti-bac wipes and a bottle of hand gel. I like to use the wipes as much as I can as they are much gentler on the skin than hand sanitiser. I also like to have them with me so I can give my seat a quick once over before take off, although it has to be said you do get some funny looks. The hand sanitiser is fairly standard, it contains alcohol so is very drying on the skin but it does get rid of any nasties and contains aloe vera extract to help combat some of the dryness.

I also had floss, hairbands, a clip and chewing gum with me, because no one wants unruly hair and bad breath now do they?

What are your in flight essentials? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins