Sunday 28 August 2016

My Top 8 Lip Products from the High Street



l - r: L'Oréal Privee Color Riche Lipstick in Julianne's Perfect Nude, Revlon Color Burst Balm Stain in Honey, Primark PS... Velvet Matte Lipstick Crayon in Nude, Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lipstick in Pommie Girl, Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Olé Flamingo and Hot Pepper, Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in Red Essential 

I love lipstick! So much so that I couldn't limit myself to just the 5, instead you're being treated to a Top 8 you lucky things! When it comes to lipstick I prefer my finishes matte, the formulas liquid and the pigmentation bold, on point and long lasting to boot. Every now and then, however, I like to shake things up a bit with more sheer formulas or pinky nude tones. So this is more of a comprehensive lip wardrobe from the high street, with everything from the sheerest nudes to the deepest berry shades. Enjoy!

L'Oréal Privee Color Riche Lipstick in Julianne's Perfect Nude - £6.99 from Superdrug

This isn't just Julianne's perfect nude, it's mine too! I'm not normally one for nude lipstick, bright matte bolds are way more my thing,  but this is dreamy!  It's not a nude nude, it's a really pretty, rosy pink with a moisturising formula and a sheer finish. It has decent colour pay off and it smells amazing, just like parma violets. It isn't the most long wearing of beasts, and it doesn't tend to stick around for long if food or drink is involved, but it is the most beautiful nude pink that I've come across. I'm on my third tube of the stuff and I completely love it.

Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain in Honey - £7.99 from Boots

Revlon's ColorBurst Balm Stains are perfect for low maintenance glossy lips, as they're a hybrid between a lip gloss and a super moisturising lip balm. Personally I think they're the perfect lip crayon to chuck in your bag for easy on the go application. I have quite a few from the range but Honey is my absolute favourite for everyday. The colour is a lovely mauve toned dusky pink and it has nice pigmentation, so it can be worn really sheer for something quite subtle or can be built up for more of a medium coverage. It also smells like peppermint and feels really cooling on the lips. It's always in my handbag.

Primark PS... Velvet Matte Lipstick Crayon in Nude - £2.00 from Primark

At just £2.00, from good ol' Primark,  this lip crayon is the cheapest offering on the table. Normally I would find such a low price tag off putting but this is really good. Like really, really good. It's a  lovely peachy nude with a matte finish and a good formula. It's buttery, reasonably long lasting and applies like an absolute dream. Primark's make up line is a bit hit and a miss but there are definitely some gems hidden away in there, and this one of them.

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lipstick in Pommie Girl - £9.00 from Boots

One of my absolute favourite lipsticks is Soap & Glory's Super Colour Fabulipstick Matte Lipstick in Pom Pom which was, annoyingly, discontinued a while back... luckily S&G have since released Pommie Girl, which is identical. It's a deep pink with plummy undertones that looks absolutely stunning on. It's matte in finish,  and does tend towards the drier side of things, however I've found that applying lip balm about 15 minutes beforehand solves this problem. It lasts ages, it's beautiful and that dreamy packaging though! I'm so glad they didn't get rid of it completely. 

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Olé Flamingo! and Hot Pepper - £8.99 from Boots

I've sung the praises of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets time and time again. They are the best liquid lipsticks on the high street, and my liquid lip of choice for a night on the town. They're pigmented, super comfortable to wear and last hours. They rarely need touching up and, though I've never tested it I definitely think they could last a full 24 hours, although I don't why you'd ever need them too. I love these lipsticks.

Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in Red Essential - £4.99 from Boots

Maybelline's Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencils are right up there with some of my very favourite lipsticks. A pretty spot on dupe for Nars' Velvet Matte Lip Pencils, the formula is matte yet creamy and comfortable to wear and it is insanely long lasting. Red Essential is a classic blue toned red - every lip wardrobe needs one! - and it's beautiful.

Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in #107 - £5.49 from Boots

Rimmel's #107 is a high street classic! It looks intimidating in the bullet but it's actually a super wearable deep purple with just a hint of red in it. It has a matte finish and seriously incredible longevity. It lasts hours! It rarely needs touching up, only after eating and barely even then. When autumn, my favourite season, rolls around this is the only lipstick to grace my lips because it's the perfect autumnal berry shade and one of my absolute favourite lipsticks.

What's your favourite high street lipstick? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx




2 comments:

  1. I now have a shopping list. I love your blog by the way.

    www.tomikaydoesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, that's really sweet.

    Thank you for reading xx

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins